Sign in to follow this  
joan54

changing to PageLine from PlatformPro

joan54

Hi there, I have received an email offering PageLine 2.0 and a discount. It seems that PageLine 2.0 is great but I have some questions. I am currently using PlatformPro and PlatformBase on Wordpress with multisite and Buddypress. Also, I am using amember for subscription. Questions: 1. How easy is to change from Platform to PageLine? 2. If pageLine is an upgrade, then it just replace the folder of PlatformPro? 3. is it compatible with Buddypress? 4. I have multisite, actually 9 sites, so I have different layouts and design that was hard work and many questions on this forum to customize my web. Does the "Exprot Settings" of PlatformPro work with PageLine? so I can export/import settings and is done? 5. Is there any problem with Buddypress? Also, I saw new features at PageLine store but things are not completely clear: 6. There is a plugin Launch Page http://www.pagelines.com/store/plugins/launchpage/ , Is this plugin compatible with PlatformPro or is just for pageLine 2.0? 7. There is a Theme "Orbit" http://www.pagelines.com/store/themes/orbit/ Is this theme compatible with PlatformPro or is just for pageLine 2.0? 8. There are sections: Facebook All-In-One, (and the others) Is this theme compatible with PlatformPro or is just for pageLine 2.0? 9. I see you are using aMember for a subscription software. Is there a theme that can be use to match amember with PlatformPro (of PageLine)? Thank you very much, Luis

Andrew
Hey Luis, Its relatively easy to change from 1.x to 2.0 although some settings and customizations may be lost.. (you can always revert) Most things will be compatible w/ 2.0 as the store evolves.. and the themes/sections are only for 2.0

virplay
I have changed to 1.x to 2.x Nice improve but they have changed many things, ones are betters, other are worst.

joan54
Thanks, but still 3. is it compatible with Buddypress? 4. I have multisite, actually 9 sites, so I have different layouts and design that was hard work and many questions on this forum to customize my web. Does the "Exprot Settings" of PlatformPro work with PageLine? so I can export/import settings and is done?

Jenny
3. Buddypress: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/15781/buddypress-compatibility#Item_7 4. PageLines 2.0 and PlatformPro are two different frameworks. Some of the settings (which are stored in the database) will automatically transfer over. You will have to re-enable your Wordpress menu, and you will have to reorder your widgets. Import/export does not apply here.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.