Sign in to follow this  
mr-twisted

How to make a blank page with no header or footer

mr-twisted

This may be a stupid question, but I'd like to setup a page without the blog header/footer that will pop-up in an fancybox iframe. How can I make a simple custom style page to be used with iBlog Pro to do this? Thanks!

bryan-hadaway

Just make a quick HTML file and paste this in:

<html>
<head>
<title>More Info</title>
</head>
<body>
YOUR POPUP CONTENT / WORDING HERE
</body>
</html>

Make sure to give it a unique name, something like more-info-1 then upload it to your root folder along side; index.php, /wp-content/ etc. Then you can link to it with: http://www.website.com/more-info-1.html Thanks, Bryan

mr-twisted

Thanks Bryan, that helps, but if I understand things correctly I wouldn't be able to use shortcodes there. Sorry I should have been more clear. I'd like to be able to use sortcodes or php tags on the page. Essentially, I'd like to have a very light iBlogPro page with no header and footers, just a fullscreen content area or something similar. Thanks!

mr-twisted

I may have solved this. I put the code from the full page php pagelines doc into a doc, removed the header and footer reference and renamed the template and document. Then I can choose the template type when creating a page and it works. Can any harm come from this other than losing it in an update? <?php /* Template Name: Pop Up */ ?> <?php require(THEME_LIB.'/template_fullwidth.php');?>

mr-twisted

Actually, this is just giving me a simple blank page...but I was hoping it would be 'pagelines' style without the header/footer and sidebars. The css doesn't show up. Anyone know how I could get it to be blank but still look like the rest of the theme? Thanks!

mr-twisted

And now I've discovered a lot of shortcodes don't work using this method. Hmm... Any help on how to correctly make a new template with no header/footer, but still with capability to add shortcodes and have the iblog styling would be appreciated. Thanks

mr-twisted

thats an excellent tutorial and i think that should work great! thanks.

mr-twisted

well, it kind of works. everything except removing the header. if i remove the header, all pages are affected. i've tried several things: .page-id-154 #header,#morefoot,#footer,#cred {display:none;} .page-id-154 #nav-icon,#morefoot,#footer,#cred {display:none;} etc. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks

bryan-hadaway

Going back to the method I suggesting you could try adding this to the head section:

<?php
	define('WP_USE_THEMES', false);
	require('wp-load.php');
	?>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="wp-content/themes/iBlogPro/style.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />

That should load WordPress functions so you can use shortcodes and load up the style to apply to the content you add. Thanks, Bryan

rockyrockwood

Any word on whether this worked? I'm having a heck of a time. I am using WHP and I think there is some custom coding there ... the page templates don't look like the examples online. I also need a completely white page that will run shortcodes. I can hardcode content or use the visual editor. Any help would be really appreciated. Ryan

bryan-hadaway

Combining 2 of my posts, here's an extended solution you might want to try out: Just make a quick PHP file (using Notepad or TextEdit and save as .php) and paste this in:

<html>
<head>
<title>More Info</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="wp-content/themes/iBlogPro/style.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />
</head>
<body>
<?php
	define('WP_USE_THEMES', false);
	require('wp-load.php');
	?>
YOUR POPUP CONTENT / WORDING HERE
</body>
</html>

Make sure to give it a unique name, something like more-info-1 then upload it to your root folder along side; index.php, /wp-content/ etc. Also make sure to swap out iBlogPro for your theme name. Then you can link to it with: http://www.website.com/more-info-1.html There's a great plugin you might want to add too that creates styled CSS popups for these links called GreyBox: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/greybox-integrator/ then you can use the link like so: Adding rel="gb_page_center[500, 500]" to a href links. Change 500, 500 to whatever width and height you want. Thanks, Bryan