Sign in to follow this  
michelecannone

Child theme for Pagelines 2.0?

michelecannone

Where is the child theme for Pagelines 2.0?

myohanan
From what I understand, Pagelines 2.0 won't be exactly the same as PlatformPro (with Base). Instead of downloading PlatformBase, you will make your customizations with the Customize Plugin that is free in the new Pagelines store. This plugin essentially replaces the functions.php section within the old Base theme and the style.css sheet. I believe you can also create your own "child" theme that will use the new Platform. To do this, download the Base Theme from the Pagelines store. I'm trying to wade through all of this Pagelines info... I wish there was more detailed documentation on the new product.

Andrew
You'll also be able to use a child theme much the same way, just grab it out of the store.. Its called Base Theme, i think. We haven't changed anything, although now we have created a system where by you grab a PL theme out of the store, if you don't edit it; you'll be able to update it when the developer comes out with improvements.

myohanan
Also, they are talking about it here too: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/15795/updating-to-pagelines-2.0

catrina
There is a bit of discussion towards the bottom here, too: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/15824/harmless-child-themes

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

mwinstein
I just installed the new Customize Plugin. Under the /plugins directory is the /pagelines-customize directory. In there is a child style.css all ready to go. I tested with body {backgroud-color:lime} It worked great!! No more editing from the settings page for me!