Sign in to follow this  
mcarels

No Email Opt-in areas for 2.0??

mcarels

I was waiting for the new 2.0 to have spots where we could put an Aweber script before the slider on the homepage, but even 2.0 doesn't seem to have that function. Is there something I'm missing? Is it part of it?

catrina
What kind of script are you looking to add? Are you trying to use a plugin with an e-mail opt-in code?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

mcarels
Hi Catrina, I want to create a conversion optimized homepage. I want to have a video on one side and then either an email optin or text block with Call to Action on the other side. Here's 2 examples: https://img.skitch.com/20111211-bwcquapnysirq4ipb359a72ixy.jpg https://img.skitch.com/20111211-tk2y4cbp8yh9b8x5d5dcju78hn.jpg I don't see any pagelines sites setup like that. Unfortunately I can't use them for clients if they don't have this setup. Let me know if they do. Thanks, Michael

Jenny
Why don't you just create a custom home page and include both of those items manually? You can use divs or tables, either will work.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

mcarels
That would mean I need to hire a developer. I thought the point of pagelines 2.0 was to be drag and drop? I find it very hard to believe they didn't have someone implement conversion optimized home pages widgets. Small businesses need conversion optimized pages, I can't use pagelines for this reason. This is a show stopper....huge opportunity missing. /M

Rob
What kind of code do you need to implement this? Is it a PHP script?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Danny
Hi Michael, I answered your other post.

Please search our forums, before posting!