Sign in to follow this  
rbarsalo

Site won't show up... all blank pages with 2.0

rbarsalo

I just activated 2.0. When I did, all the pages of the site are now blank, when I look at the code in firebug, there is none. I activated the old child theme and voila... all is back there again. What am I doing wrong? Is there a box I need to check to activate 2.0 correctly?

rbarsalo
I had created a separate folder for wordpress as described in "Giving WordPress Its Own Directory" http://codex.wordpress.org/Giving_WordPress_Its_Own_Directory So why is it still working when I activate the previous child theme and not with pageline 2.0

Simon
Is an error_log produced in your blog folder?

rbarsalo
? Where can I find this? Did not see any error messages... before the page appeared blank

Simon
wordpress sends a blank page in the event of an error, PHP will usually write the error to a file in your blog root, public_html or wherever it is installed., Check in the wp-admin folder too

rbarsalo
What would be the name of this file?

Simon
error_log normally

rbarsalo
Thanks for staying with me pross... Did not find any error_log... and as mentionned, when I switch back, everything is working great. The first page, which is a temp page for the site I am developping is paxgalaxy.com Right now, what you see is from coming from the child theme...

rbarsalo
Sorry, thought I switched back... now its there and I am back with the old child theme. WIll send you the login...

rbarsalo
I had also checked a couple of pages and all would appear blank... not just the home page. They all reappeared when I switched back. DOn't know if that helps you zoom on the problem.

rbarsalo
One thing, I have another site I am building and the WP installation is in the root folder, when I updated that site ( which is plain vanilla PlatformPro) it did work. Sooo, could it be that the index.php and or .htaccess files are different for 2.0 that of those generated by the Platform Pro childtheme? Like I mentionned before, paxgalaxy WP installation is not in the root folder

Simon
Plugin conflicting is WP Mailto Links When i disabled it was able to preview 2.0

rbarsalo
Thanks, will check right now.... do you know a replacement plugin for MailTo links?

rbarsalo
I can preview it too... but there is no content in my universal sidebar... (seems to have erased the content) Features are empty and also the boxes...

rbarsalo
Nothing is looking as it was before... this is not what I was expecting of an upgrade. What is happening here? Features and boxes are not linked anymore, and the code I had put in a div within the universal sidebar that I used for the header disappeared... Once again, all seems well when I switch back to Platform Pro childtheme...

rbarsalo
The site background image, html code in universal sidebar and all links to features and boxes that were loaded in the platformPro child theme don't appear when updated to 2.0. How do you explain that when I switch back to the child theme, all is there? Is there a way to "export" the links into 2.0?

catrina
Have you tried Exporting your links and other content from PlatformBase (from Tools > Export)?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

rbarsalo
This is an "update" of a framework... should'nt it be compatible? I don't have to use an "export" tool to open illustrator files of a previous version into a new one... I usually just have a box to check and that was what I am looking for in 2.0. The point that I can see the infos in the old version and not the new one means that the data structure is changed? And I will have to redo it by hand again in the new "layout" of things in 2.0? Is that the only way? Can't understand the designer of the program is that is the case... this update is far away from transparent.

Rob
On the point you raised about a replacement for the Mailto plugin, there are many, more recent email obfuscator plugins available via http://www.wordpress.org/extend/plugins

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

rbarsalo
All changes were made in the childtheme "custom code interface" of PlatformPro childtheme. Those css changes transfered well to 2.0... its all the customization that was done inside PlatformPro Interface (background images, link to features set and boxes...) that don't go trough. Pageline doesnt seem to transfer its own infos when it updates. So all the css changes are ok, all the manual linking within the platform are not.

rbarsalo
There is no child theme anymore in 2.0