Sign in to follow this  
welcome

Updating to Pagelines 2.0

welcome

Hi, I have two sites. One is updated to 1.53 and the other has never been updated it's 1.14. I am going to update them both at this time, but I see only Pagelines -- no base or any previous versions in my account. What do I do? Thanks,

kastelic
For account issues email hello@pagelines.com and someone will contact you directly.

welcome
I sent an email. Does the new Pagelines 2.0 have a base version? Thanks again,

kastelic
It has the same sort of thing but its handled a little differently. You will go into Pagelines -> Store-> Plugins-> Add-Plugins -> Pagelines Customize and install that. Then you will see a new folder in your plugins directory called pagelines-customize that contains style.css and functions.php just like the old Base child theme.

welcome
I'm totally confused. I am not a pro. I thought I'd be able to update like before. I don't know how to do what you describe above.

welcome
Hi Again, I went to the store but didn't see how to add it to my dashboard. Can you walk me through how to do this? Once it's installed what do I do? Do I activate it and deactivate Base? Thanks

catrina
In your Dashboard you'll need to go to Store > Plugins and under the "Add Plugins" tab, install Pagelines Customize. Once it's installed, you can go to Plugins > Editor on the left side of your Dashboard. Once you're there, select "Pagelines Customize" from the drop down menu on the top right corner of the page and click "Select". Once you've done that, click the "pagelines-customize/functions.php" link that shows up below the drop down menu. That functions.php page is just like the functions.php file in PlatformBase.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

welcome
In Dashboard I don't see "Store" I see an option for "Plug Ins" "Add New",but if I search for Pagelines I don't see it. Thanks

welcome
No I don't see "Store" On top is: Dashboard Home Updates Posts Media Links Features Boxes Banners... Pages,etc ending with Settings

kgstew
The Store is a part of the PageLines tab. You will need to install PageLines 2.0 before you will be able to see the store appear in your Wordpress Admin. After installing the Framework you can then follow the steps from Catrina.

welcome
I'm still a little confused. Please let me know if these steps are right. 1. I upload the new "Pagelines" (keeping Base active?) No need to change names or activate another Theme as placeholder since it's named differently,right? 2. Then I install the new Plugin (to PlatformBase) and activate it in PlatformBase? Thanks

Rob
I think the confusion is coming from whether you've already installed PageLines 2,0 or not. It seems you have not yet done so. In that case, you should really visit the new docs http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/ to find out how to do the installation before experimenting. I'm sorry none of my colleagues suggested this earlier. They presumed you had already installed 2.0. There is no base used in PageLines 2.0, so you only install 2.0, then as suggested earlier, you'll use the store, which is a part of 2.0, not PlatformPro or Base. I'm sure you'll have little trouble once you've read the documentation.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur