Sign in to follow this  
thanp73

Platform FAQ example

thanp73

On the new 2.0 site here: http://www.pagelines.com/pricing/ there is an FAq section that is really neat- is this a built in feature of the new framework? is there sample code or setup for something like this I can implement? It's a much nicer way to display a lot of contert as opposed to long pages.

thanp73
using firebug this is the thing called 'reader' in the store for another $15. there seems to be no documentation on this yet- can you do multiple reader slide decks (or whatever they are called) in a site? I can see these being excellent alternatives to long text pages, but I'm only interested if I can use several readers thru my sites. Each can be an excellent directory page as well

thanp73
Tired to buy this in the store- it's not listed in the store except as a top rated, and purchse button does not work. Grr.

kastelic
The purchase button did work for me. Have you tried purchasing it from the store within your pagelines install, and are you logged in to Pagelines -> Account? To answer your question about multiple instances,the new Platform allows this by allowing you to "clone" any section so that it can have its own options, and as far as I know, this should be standard for all sections in the store, though I'm not 100% on that.

thanp73
I was able to get this into my acct and on a couple sites- it's very nice, just what I'd hoped. how do I re-arrange the order of readers? I see butons on the list of readers for 'edit post order' and ' direct input' but clickign those buttons does nothing- it whirs an little but nothing happens, and ican;t seem to edit the reader order

Danny
Hi thanp73, To change the order of the reader posts, you have to install the plug-in "Post Types Order", once installed you can drag and drop the order of posts. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/post-types-order/

Please search our forums, before posting!

thanp73
thanks- worked, but unfortunately all the reader special post types show in one list, you you need to gues s a little which is in which reader.. or have a naming systen of your own. but the plugin makes it orderable!

Danny
Hi thanp73, Do you mean organisation of Readers ? If so you can simply create Reader sets. When creating/editing a Reader, on the right hand side there is a section called "Reader Sets", simply create a new category to have better organisation of Readers.

Please search our forums, before posting!

thanp73
strangely, I have reader sets set on each reader, but on the display page of all readers, the reader set is not showing- that is the place it would be useful. The column header is there, but the reader set is not displaying. thatt's where I'd love to see it to keep track of these various sets.

Jenny
Yeah that is just how the post type order plugin works. It does the same thing with boxes and such. :/

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.