Sign in to follow this  
ilkka

Buddypress compatibility?

ilkka

Is framework 2.0 currently compatible with buddypress?

Rob
I don't believe the integration for BuddyPress has been completed and have no timeline. However, we are focused on Vanilla and integration with that is readily available. Vanilla can be found at [url="http://www.vanillaforums.org"]Vanillaforums.org[/url]. Make sure to download it and not use the option for their hosted solution as it's fee-based. The download self-hosted version is free.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

j0emv
I am really concerned about this lack of buddypress support, or even a plan for it. I use buddypress extensively with platformpro and now after I preordered the framework for which I had no pre-sales information, I'm finding out that it lacks support for elements it's predacessor supported? I love the framework, but come on guys. Does the framework work at all with buddypress? I'm almost ready to ask for a refund and move on to something else at this point.

yemoonyah
I contacted the Pagelines team about this via email and was told there would be a solution soon after the release of 2.0. And I sure hope it will be available soon as BuddyPress integration was the number one reason for me to buy Platform Pro in the first place.

j0emv
Awesome, I really want to stick with pagelines and hopefully a plugin for buddypress comes up soon enough.

Jenny
Our developers are working with their developers for a solution. So just hang tight. :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

yemoonyah
Now I just read it might take weeks or even months for them to develop a BuddyPress plugin. I'm really not happy about this! How can you make us buy an upgrade and then tell us AFTER that one of the main features is not compatible any more and we should just wait a few months until this is being addressed?

Jenny
I honestly have no idea how long it will take. You also need to realize it is not only PageLines, it is BuddyPress developers also. 2.0 is not an "upgrade". It is an entirely new framework.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.