Sign in to follow this  
stjohn

Mobile Customisation

stjohn

Is there any options to customise the mobile view. It crops the pictures in features harshly - so perhaps I'd prefer them not to show or be able to add an alternate just for mobile. It would also be great if i could turn some widgets off on some pages.Thanks. If theres a doc on this apologies for not finding it yet.

catrina
There are no options for customizing the mobile view (and naturally, no doc on this). Do you want to turn off some widgets on certain pages for the computer browser?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

stjohn
That would be useful. The main thing is that the feature images are cut into a 1/3 (exactly) on iOS5. Some kind of widget logic for a mobile would be really cool though if it existed.

Danny
Hi stJohn, Are you talking about Widgets or sections ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

stjohn
Well the images in the feature section are cut down to a third. It would be nice to be able to switch widgets and features on and off for phones, and perhaps give viewers the chance to see the desktop version if they want.

Jenny
I agree, however you can most likely accomplish this using the browser specific CSS plugin in the store. Don't ask me how to do it though because I don't know anything about mobile browser CSS. :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

stjohn
I'll have a look, though it sounds like some coding will be involved and access to fair few mobile devices to be sure it works :-( I wonder if there's a list of devices that the responsive version works on. It doesn't work well on ios 5 but it would be good to know what it does work on. Probably a new thread ;-)

Rob
@stjohn, Thanks for your kind patience and understanding as we review the mobile issues and come up with solutions. I do not know of any list of devices yet, but that's a brilliant idea I'll forward to management.
  • Like 1

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

ryanvarley
Best solution atm is disable the mobile theme, download the 'WPtouch' plugin and customise from there.