Sign in to follow this  
SaleekR

Setting a Max site height

SaleekR

My question here is in 3 parts: 1 - How do i set a maximum height for my entire site so the footer is always in the same spot 2 - How do i set a maximum height for the content area 3 - How do i set a maximum height for the sidebar. Not built yet, just asking questions before i start, so no link to show

Rob
1. I tried to find something on this for WordPress, but haven't been able to find a thing that would work to set a maximum height for the content area. I do not believe the max-height attribute will work in the body {} tag found in Custom Code / CSS Rules. 2. Same problem, but worse, if you had a maximum height set, what happens to the content that overflows? Would it wrap to a second page? There are plugins that already will help you do the pagination. I don't know what you'd do however with blog pages that list your posts. Each excerpt, even if maxed at a specific length would still cause the post listing to vary in height. 3. To my knowledge, it's not possible to set the sidebar height.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur