Sign in to follow this  
mdvanhelden

upgrade to Pagelines 2.0 what about the child theme

mdvanhelden

Hi! I use PlatformPro in my website and I made a child theme with a lot of customisations. What to do when I update to Pagelines 2.0? does my childtheme 'know' the parent is now the Pagelines 2.0 theme? Or what should I do?

kgstew
Hi Mdvanhelden, You will need to update your base style.css to point to the new PageLines folder rather than the platformpro folder.

mdvanhelden
Hi kgstew, thanks for your quick answer, you mean I should replace platformpro into PageLines in this area: Template: platformpro? and should that be pagelines or PageLines? Thanks again! Monique

kastelic
2.0 uses a little different method for child theming. Go to Pagelines->Store->Plugins->Free and install the Pagelines Customize plugin. Then look in your plugins directory and you will see the pagelines-customize folder which has functions.php and style.css. You can copy and paste your old customizations into these files.

mdvanhelden
@Kastelic, so you mean I do not make a seperate child theme which I can name anything I like? Or can I rename my pagelines theme?

mdvanhelden
@kastelic, I'm sorry, I found my child theme! Thanks