Sign in to follow this  
boldbelvoir

1.5 > 2.0 is NOT a straight upgrade!!!

boldbelvoir

Installed 2.0 today and am extremely disappointed it broke nearly every aspect of my (fairly simple) website - menus, sidebars, widget positions, overlapping text etc, etc. I tried importing settings from my 1.5x installation, but 2.0 doesn't play. Is there a simple way of upgrading that I have missed, or do I have to spend time resetting everything?

cybersphere
Hi, I just went through what you have. If you give us more details, we might be able to help each other out. Do a search for my posts and see if any might be similar to your situation. For example, if your menu can not be adjusted after upgrade, it might be as simple as WP-Admin > Menu and nominating the Primary menu to your menu. I am not happy about thing breaking but Pageline 2.0 is a huge jump from Platform 1.5.3 so... By the way, I also just discovered that 'Pageline Framework' category is for new Pageline 2.0 topics.

Rob
There are going to be a few instances where things need to be tweaked. Just this morning, I did an upgrade and I too went through the same things. I feel your pain. However, with some patience, fortitude, a little extra coffee, I think I'll get through it. Sidebars may need to be reorganized. The menu may need to be re-established (under Appearance > Menus in Theme Locations, re-select your primary menu and save). Your menu is actually intact, but the selector gets sorta knocked out of the box. Putting it back restores your menu.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur