Sign in to follow this  
tonikcollective

Feature not responsive

tonikcollective

Hi I recently upgraded from Platform Pro to Pagelines 2.0. For some reason the features on the home page are not responsive? Here is a link to the site: http://davidkrynauw.com Jann

saltydisciple
Hi, I have the exact same problem, although with a difference that in my site, the slides are not changing at all. So I see only a static first slide. As my page run on a virtual server on my own computer, I cannot demonstrate. But I imagine a solution to my problem is similar to the problem above. Salt

Rob
The features transition, size and other settings are on the individual pages, so, if you have the feature slider on a static home page, you change everything on that page in the PageLines Meta Settings.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

ebadia
I have the same problem. The feature is not moving at all. Only first slide is seen.

kastelic
The first question was regarding the features not be "responsive" referring to the resizing and realigning page elements based on different page widths. The theme won't resize your images in the feature, but it will change the width of it to match the page size. I would recommend designing your feature images so that they look good in wide or narrow screen views(for example, the first sample feature, how the main part of it resides in the very middle of the feature image. The second question, about the features transitioning from one to the other, is on the individual page settings as rangelone said, under the Feature Viewing Time (Timeout) option.

tonikcollective
Thank you the feedback. Perhaps just a suggestion, another site I have setup ([url="http://tonik.co.za/#bushfire-festival-in-swaziland"]www.tonik.co.za[/url]) uses Flexslider ([url="http://flex.madebymufffin.com"]flex.madebymufffin.com[/url]) which handles responsive banners well. Could this possibly solve the problem with Features not being responsive?

Jenny
The features aren't supposed to be responsive. In fact, I wouldn't want a feature slider that is responsive because I don't want something else determining how my images display. I would rather edit them myself so I know [i]exactly[/i] how it will look. if you still have an issue, let us know, otherwise please accept an answer so we can close this discussion. Thanks!

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

thorstone137
Boo! :P Go ahead and redesign it, it's ok!! There are some rad responsive sliders out there. In fact I'm using the royal slider for wordpress that's swipable and my images always look great(available at codecayon). If you're going to be serious about responsive you know soon enough your featured section must support it. Just sayin! Love the work! Thank you!

Best Regards! Pagelines = Innovation!

kastelic
Thanks for the suggestions, as always, appreciated.

Andrew
Added a bunch of new changes to the feature slider in 2.0.1. Background images are now responsive... tweaked a couple other things.

admin_nd
I have Framework 2.0.1. My feature slider works except it doesn't have a "read more" button and the 'featured pics' from the posts aren't showing up. It's set up to feed category posts to a static home page. (It's in maintenance mode, so can't provide a link.) I tried to reinstall 2.0.1 but it failed because the file path already exists.

Jenny
Did you add text in the "link text" area? That is where the "read more" comes from (you can type whatever you want).

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

admin_nd
It's feeding from a post category so I set it up on the page where it would be viewed. I didn't set anything up from the features page in the dashboard menu. Isn't that right?

Jenny
I checked through the settings and found this: [quote]If set to posts, excerpts will be used as content (control length through them). Also a new option panel will be added on post creation and editing pages.[/quote] My advice is to check the PageLines Meta Settings on a post (one that is showing in your feature slide) as well as the page that your feature is actually located on (i.e. home page).

admin_nd
I should have told you that the pictures [i]were[/i] showing up, but I used a fix from the forum to download a section.php file. I did that and it removed the picture in addition to not having a "read more" button. Actually the read more button is less important than just being able to click from the feature to the post. That's not available at all. So, then I tried to re-install 2.0.1 but it wouldn't let me. I also looked at the individual posts but it has the exact same setup as the home page. Doesn't seem to fit the purpose I'm after because the post [i]is[/i] already linked to the feature (because the text is showing up). Just not the image or the "clickability" that I need. I hope this makes sense...

Rob
I'm not sure what section.php you used, but Framework 2.0.1 included a fix for Post Category use in the slider. Best practice however is to include a feature image inside the post that's close to the size you want for the slider. WordPress should crop the image for the feature image thumbnail. However, we will stretch the image for the feature slider. As for the "read more", I'm not clear on how that's going to work. But we're working on it. Unfortunately, the developer who was doing this task with me is out sick. As soon as he's back, we'll address this issue promptly. Thanks for your kind patience.

admin_nd
Thanks for the 'best practice' advice on setting the feature image size. I will definitely use that on future posts. But, I still have no image at all. And no button to access the post itself. Background ... I'm afraid I messed up my installation of 2.0.1 by adding an old fix file from [url="http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/15821/pagelines-trac-report-bugs-here-please-quick-fix-files#Item_1"]http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/15821/pagelines-trac-report-bugs-here-please-quick-fix-files#Item_1[/url]. That's when the image disappeared. I tried to correct it (when I realized the date problem) by copying the original section.php file from my copy of 2.0.1 over the 'fix file' but it didn't bring the images back. I'd like to get the images back while I wait for a fix on the missing button. Advice?

admin_nd
I thought so but their all named so similarly that I'm not really sure.

Rob
Do you have any cache enabled?

admin_nd
The missing picture problem was user error (ugh!). I fixed it by deleting and re-installing Frameworks. I figured that even if I installed 2.0, it would prompt me to update the theme to 2.0.1 but it didn't and my pictures are back. So I'm back up to speed. Hope the link from feature to posts will be available soon. Thanks for your help.

Simon
It will be available soon, was my mistake and i am fixing it ;)

Simon
I have a test version of the features section, email me simon@pagelines.com and i'll send it to you.

Simon
Thanks for testing Nancy, really appreciate it :)