Sign in to follow this  
stjohn

Pagelines 2 install messed up my website - any ideas!

stjohn

hi I've installed pagelines 2 and its destroyed my website. Its removed the navmenu, all the plug ins, changed the feature set up, inserted double text areas and highlights, how images are displayed, deleted my sidebars and that's the home page. That's just the home page. I've tried to edit the home page but all the ways of changing the settings have changed. Its not obvious how the new ones work. What's the quickest way of getting stuff back?

stjohn
I've managed to get a navigation of sorts working (for some reason it can't differentiate between primary & secondary) and every single page is a mess. It's going to suck up a load of time to sort out. [u]If it's not just me - and I can't see why it should be. [b]Please[/b] put some kind of warning this can happen.[/u]

Danny
Hi stJohn, 1. Nav menu - Can you go to Wp admin dashboard -> Appearances -> Menus and make sure you custom menu is active in the Theme Location "Primary Website Navigation", if so then click save. Let me know if this worked. 2. Plug-ins - What do you mean all your plug-ins were removed, can you explain in greater detail please ? 3. Feature Setup, Double Test areas and Highlights, was your Homepage using a custom page template that you created ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

cybersphere
@stjohn - I did have issue with the menu not being editable but like Danny said, my primary menu was deselected. As for plug-ins, they all came across without any issues.

stjohn
That's sorted that. I'm getting most of the other bits sorted slowly. I'm sure pp 2 will be great and I'll love it, but perhaps for pp3 :-) you could do down route of telling people what is specifically new with the upgrade. I panicked when it all changed. cheers for coming back i imagine your having a busy day.

stjohn
Sorry one more thing. how do iget it sit all in one line as before?

stjohn
The brandnav, it fixed itself. no idea why!