Sign in to follow this  
btharp

Canvas Color Control Single Page

btharp

I've looked and looked and the best I could find was. .page-id-1 #page-canvas {background:#000000 !important;} I modify the CSS code found on another post and placed this in custom CSS rules to know avail. I would like to change the canvas color on a single page (home page). If any one could help me it would be most appreciated. Would you also confirm how I determine the page ID? Many Thanks,

catrina
The page ID for home should be body.home regardless. Try adding this CSS: [code]body.home #page-canvas {background:#000000 !important;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

dana
I think I found the problem you're running into. In v1 page-canvas was the div [b]id[/b]. In 2.0 its the div [b]class[/b]. Try updating your CSS to use a . instead of a #. So, your original code would be: .page-id-1 .page-canvas {background:#000000 !important;} And to expand on catrina's code above for a the homepage, which it sounds like you're looking for, use this CSS: body.home .page-canvas {background:#000000 !important;} Hope that helps! - Dana

Danny
Hi btharp, If you post a link to your site we can assist you further. However, if it is your homepage you want to change the canvas color on. You would replace .page-id-X with .home So you code would look something like this: [code].home #page-canvas {background-color:#000000 !important;}[/code]

Please search our forums, before posting!

btharp
Both Catrina's and Danny's code worked. Note to self there's more than 1 way to skin CSS. Thanks for the support