Sign in to follow this  
dsalomon1

Adding bulleted lists inside PlatformPro boxes.

dsalomon1

How do I add bullets (a bulleted list) inside my boxes in PlatformPro? I tried using the editor, but it doesn't work.

kastelic
The unordered lists do appear in boxes but the actual dots are hidden with CSS. If you want to see them paste this in Custom Code -> Custom CSS: [code] .fboxes ul { list-style: disc inside } [/code]

dsalomon1
Thank you! It worked. Now how do I make each bulleted line to line up at the margin?

dsalomon1
I hesitated to click "reject" because your answer helped, but now I want to know how to align the bulleted list so that no tect appears underneath a bullet.

kastelic
Hmm, you mean the text is too long and wraps? The way to avoid this would be to increase the width of the container. Could you provide a link to the site?

dsalomon1
Correct. Here is a link to the site: http://www.cumulusdatainc.com/

catrina
Try adjusting the margin in the list by adding this code after the list-style property: margin: 2em; The code should end up looking like this: [code].fboxes ul {list-style: disc inside; margin: 2em;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

dsalomon1
Thanks, Catrina. It did indent the margins, but the text still wraps underneatch the bullet.

Rob
The wrapping is simply the effect of the length of text vs. the width of the box. The font inside the box is not adjustable based on actual space used, so, being somewhat fixed by a font size, long names will invariably wrap. The boxes are not adjustable on the fly either, so if a file name is wide the box itself cannot adjust to suit. You can try suppressing wrap with guidance found [url="http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_text-wrap.asp"]here[/url] however, different browsers will deal with the text wrapping in different ways. As a result, you may find IE or Chrome treating it in ways different than Safari or Firefox. I think your only solution would be to edit the names of your posts to shorter ones, capping the number of total characters to a point where they don't wrap. What I've done in a very similar situation was to put a sub-title on the page, which is not picked up by anything that would add a list to a box. You might find some solutions [url="http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_list.asp"]here[/url], but I'm not sure how this would work.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur