Sign in to follow this  
leemac

Drop-down nav menu has incorrect widths

leemac    0
leemac

Hello, The drop down menus on my website, www.aquavitpharma.com are not consistent. One is smaller than its parent, and others are larger than. What CSS code may I use to adjust these? Thanks in advance for the help. -Lee

Rob    547
Rob
Is this happening in a particular browser or all of them?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob    547
Rob
I just checked it in IE9 and Firefox and it's consistently even.

leemac    0
leemac
Okay, I see what you are saying... Perhaps I wasn't being clear. I'd like the drop-down to be the same size as the parent's tab. As you see with the "Research & Development" tab, it is wider because of the title... I'd like the drop-down to be the same length. Thank you in advance. Best, -Lee

leemac    0
leemac
The browsers I have tested are Chrome, Chromium (linux), IE, Safari, iOS Safari, Firefox... and the drop-down tabs do not match the width of the parents.

Jenny    33
Jenny
I believe that is because the width is set to match the width of drop down contents, not the parent. Matching the parent width isn't a good idea because you will have huge amounts of empty space or menu items cut off because it's too narrow.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

leemac    0
leemac
Thank you, but I am not satisfied with that answer since it is not aesthetically pleasing. I would like to know how to set the individual widths. That would allow for a much more consistent design. There must be a way to control each individual width. If I could match the parent on some, and not on others... etc. Thanks for your time thus far. -Lee

Rob    547
Rob
Lee, I've never seen any subnav drop down match the width of the parent. Usually menus have a wider subnav than the parent. However, you can always find and implement an alternative menu. In past, I have recommended several people here who've changed our default menu into some rather stylish ones http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/ When viewing, to find the CSS, right click and view it then copy.

leemac    0
leemac
rangelone, thanks for the resource. I will search for a solution there.