Sign in to follow this  
camatteo

Coaching on Codex http://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network

camatteo

I am trying to enable my website wccaucus.org as a multisite. We need to add some blogs...but that's for later, as I'm stuck at an earlier stage. When I review the Codex page, I believe I am stuck at Step 3, because I do not know how to edit wp-config.php . Please advise. I would prefer to work within PlatformPro or PlatformBase, rather than editing the file after ftp. But I believe I can head that direction if need be. I often need concrete, step-by-step instructions. When I receive them I can usually apply that expertise and solve the problem. Thank you for considering my concerns.

camatteo
By the way, I have completed Step 3 in the Codex (namely, edited wp-config.php and installed it). At Step 4, however, I do not see what the Codex says I should see: "Step 4: Installing a Network...Step 3 above will enable the "Network Setup" link to appear in your Tools menu. Visit Administration > Tools > Network Setup to see the screen where you will configure certain aspects of your network." When I am super-admin, I see Network Setup under Settings. I do not see Tools. I only see Tools when I am logged in as the specific Site Admin. ????

Rob
That seems to be about right because the tools you need will be site specific (tools are often added by plugins). This is really not a question about PlatformPro. Have you looked for solutions in the WordPress forums?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur