Sign in to follow this  
davebaileymail

Buddypress made dashboard disappear?

davebaileymail

I followed the instructions located here: http://www.pagelines.com/docs/buddypress I installed the buddypress plugin and the buddypress template plugin. Once I finished all the steps and clicked to "Finish" the install of buddypress, my site admin section disappeared. I cannot now login to my dashboard. The website is http://www.forexprofitjournal.com/ The admin is http://www.forexprofitjournal.com/wp-login.php When I login, it takes me to the home page of my website. From there I try to login to the dashboard from the admin buttons at the top of the page, but it takes me to a blank white page. Any one have an idea how to fix this issue? Thanks.

stoltz
I bumped into the same problem when installing the pageline 2.0 and I have mingle forums installed since before. Could the forums be the problem? My dashboard just disappeared in the same way when installing pageline 2.0

davebaileymail
Not sure... I don't really even have use for the forum at this point. I just installed buddypress for the social network aspect. It's tough to troubleshoot anything without being able to login to the dashboard.

stoltz
Yep, that did it....I disabled my mingle forums and now the admin interface works again. You can access your site if you rename your active theme folder (pageline 2.0 I guess) in your wp-themes folder. That will make WP revert to the default theme and then you can access your plugins to disable buddypress, then renaming your pageline folder back to its original name so WP runs pageline 2.0 again.

davebaileymail
Stoltz... How can I access my theme folder to rename it, if I can't access the dashboard. Is the wp-themes folder located somewhere other than in the admin section? Thanks.

stoltz
You can access your wp installation through FTP. Most hosting providers have an control panel interface which enables you to get to your files through something that looks like an ordinary file browser. Use that to access WP installation on your web server.

davebaileymail
Thanks... I'll check it out.

davebaileymail
Thank you Stoltz... I renamed the buddypress file and now can login. I guess from here I uninstall buddypress and look for a different solution to the social aspect of the site.