Sign in to follow this  
ryanjohnjackson

Newbie Tips

ryanjohnjackson

Hey, I'm a newbie to platform, wordpress and css. Here's few tools/tips to start off. 1. Even though I'm not into Chrome someone in here recommended the built in inspector over Firefox's Firebug. I gave it a try and it is WAY easy to figure many things out with it. You just need to: open chrome right click a part of a page select "inspect element" and the inspector pops up. Just click the magnifying glass at the bottom of the inspector and move it over any area of the page. 2. A plug-in I found for Chrome (I think only for chrome): CSS live editor It lets you "test" css changes instantly on any page without refreshing or reloading the page. Just keep in mind these changes are temporary until you actually put them in the style sheet and save.

kastelic
Thanks for the tip. I agree, Chrome's inspector has far outpaced Firebug in terms of ease of use and capability. By the way you don't need a plugin to edit CSS on the fly. You can add and change rules direcly in the inspector.

ryanjohnjackson
Didn't see that but I saw I can type over elements that are there already? With the css live editor you can just type out or paste another sheet or like 20 edits at once and see it change on and off.

Danny
Thanks for sharing Ryan!

Please search our forums, before posting!