Sign in to follow this  
texasx

How do I remove the padding i the sidebar?

texasx

Using WP 3.2.1 and PlatformPro. Trying to remove the left and right padding (space) in the sidebar(s). Can make it in Firebug but not in the real css. Tried several writings to overide. You can see it at www.interactb2b.se Tried this (and many other writings): /* To remove the padding in sidebar 1 (0px) */ #sidebar1.element.style { padding-left: 0 !important; padding-right: 0 !important; } This is what Ichanged succesfully in Firebug: element.style { padding-left: 0; (changed to 0) padding-right: 0; (changed to 0) } .scolumn-pad { padding: 2em 0.7em; (no change) } style.css (row 785) Grateful for your reply / texasx

Danny
Hi Texasx, You need to change the padding to the code below, then add your changes to Platform Settings --> Custom Code --> CSS Rules: [code] .scolumn-pad {padding: 2em 0.7em;} [/code] For example : [code].scolumn-pad {padding: 0em 0em;}[/code]

Please search our forums, before posting!

texasx
Thanks Danny, I decided to keep the top and the bottom padding so I added: .scolumn-pad {padding: 2em 0px 0.7em 0px;} ... and it worked. Great. Is this the correct way? Why do I need to add this to --> Custom Code --> CSS Rules: ? Since it's working? Do I need to add my other changes, as well in this way?

Danny
How did you change the code in the first place, did you edit one of the style.css files ? If so, we recommend you add all your custom css to the CSS Rules text area, as when there is an update, your changes to the files will be overwritten. Using the CSS Rules area, they won't be overwritten, there safe.

Please search our forums, before posting!

texasx
Hi Danny, Thanks for your reply again. Yes, first (or always) I change it in the child theme (Platform Base) style.css since that is made for custom and is overiding the template in Pro. Perhaps I understood it wrong, I thought the css template in P Pro was updated, not the child css. Have I understood it wrong? Kind regards / texasx

Kate
Hey Texasx, You can add your custom CSS to the child theme's style.css, or to Settings->Custom Code. Either way will keep your custom code from being overwritten should you update the PlatformPro files.

texasx
Thanks Kate ... and Danny. / texasx