Sign in to follow this  
andulka

Changing the 'Leave A Response' text

andulka    0
andulka

I would like to change the 'Leave A Response' text that appears under every post on the front page here http://www.fluteofshame.com/, but don't seem to be able to figure out where to do that. Changing the text in post_footer.php, apparently isn't it...

Danny    1,327
Danny
Hi Andulka, This post should help you! http://adammunns.com/quickly-change-leave-a-reply-text-in-comments/

Please search our forums, before posting!

andulka    0
andulka
Hi Danny, thanks for the reply, but that's not the the text I want to change (or rather, I have already changed that one). What I would like to change is the 'Leave A Response' text that appears on the footer under each post on the main/home page (I have the news page set as the home page). I've been looking for a snippet like the one on the page you mention that I could change, but the only place where I seem to be able to find it is in the post_footer.php, only changing it there doesn't have any effect. :-(

kastelic    6
kastelic
Its in library/_post_footer.php around line 30 [code] [/code]

andulka    0
andulka
Thanks Kastelic, but still no luck... :-( I can find it there, change it, but the text remains the same (it's not a cache issue, I checked that). Something somewhere must be overriding it somehow.

Jenny    33
Jenny
Keep in mind that if you have a caching plugin installed and inactive, it will still cache things. @kastelic 's suggested fix should work. Make sure replace only the text 'Leave A Response' and leave the ' there.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.