Sign in to follow this  
cybersphere

How to change FOOTER to 2, 3 or 4 column format, instead of default 5 columns?

cybersphere

Hi, I have searched for 'Footer' tag resulted in most people wanting to remove PageLines logo but not much in a way of 'how to change the number of columns used in footer area'. I assumed there might be a way to choose different number of FOOTER COLUMNS in Platform Pro > Template Setup > Site Footer and choose something other then 'Footer Sidebars (5 Column)' but no other options exists. Surely there must be an easy way to change the footer column to, say 3, easily enough. Can someone assist? Many thanks! Paul

Danny
Hi Paul, I think the quickest way would be to go to your Platform Settings --> Template Setup and then select the "Site Footer" Template from the drop down. Remove the "Footer Sidebars 5-Column" and replace it with the "Full Width" sidebar. The go to Appearance --> Widgets, then add 3 text widgets, with some testing text, then visit your site and see if this is how you wanted it to look.

Please search our forums, before posting!

cybersphere
Hi Danny, Thanks again for your reply. I have tried your method. Unfortunately, the 3 text widgets appeared vertically (one underneath the other), instead of horizontally (instead of next to each other). Paul

Kate
Hey Paul, You can manipulate them with CSS. If you were to add "float:left" to those divs (via CSS), they would appear next to each other. Let us know if you need assistance with that.

cybersphere
Hello again Kate! As mentioned in my other post, I need 'hand holding' with CSS. Can you please tell me more about how to make this work for me? Of course, if PlatformPro v2 contains (just incase you had a peek at v2) additional Footer options, I'm happy to wait and see as well. Paul

kastelic
There is also a Morefoot-Sidebars (3 column) section available in the Site Footer template. Or you can try something like this in Custom Code -> Custom CSS: [code] #list_fullwidth_sidebar li{ float: left; margin-right:100px; } [/code] You may have to play around with the margins to get the effect you want.

cybersphere
Hi Kastelic, Thank you for your reply. I have tried your first suggested method and it works (I like non-CSS methods!) but as I want to use 'More Foot' section elsewhere I don't want to give up for exclusive use by my footer template. As for your CSS code, I also have another 'sections' conflict. I am using the "Full Width Sidebar" on my front page (based on 'Pages Post' template) to add full-width text above Blog posts. Choices! Choices!! ...but I want 'em all!!!! : ) It might be best for me to stick with standard 5 column footer and only use 3 columns for the time being. After the site is completed, if I can remove a section I'm not using, I might be able to make it work. Thanks everyone for your replies! Paul

cybersphere
Just in case someone digs this post up in the future, Pagelines 2.0 allows drop down menu option to change the footer column number from 1 to 6. Pagelines 2.0 > Header & Footer (scroll down half way)