Sign in to follow this  
Simon

2.0 Release

Simon

Eager to try out 2.0 before 8th? If your a +Plus member, check your members page now! You have access already to the download.

slingr
Where is the "customization plugin" you referred to in my other forum thread "Will Platform Pro 2.0 play nice with existing 1.5x designs?" I activiated the dev version on my local installation and, of course, all of my theme settings from PP 1.5.3 were overridden. That was the gist of my initial question ... can I "upgrade" directly on top of my previous PP installation? Your answer led me to believe that I could, but you didn't mention the huge caveat that all of my customizations will have to be reset. And is this release candidate 4 the FINAL release, or is there going to be another one on the 8th?

Dominik
I'm not a +Plus Member but want to try it too. I found PageLines Framework 2.0 dev in my account! Is this the Final 2.0?

binzsolutions
@monster No it's still 1.5.3. I think we have to wait till 8th. :(

Simon
@monster Its RC4 at the moment, very minor fixes going in before final, mainly css tweaks here and there.

Dominik
I just Installed it and have to say, I love it! Just the german translation is horrible!

Simon
Just delete the mo/po files in the languages folder.

kbeaux
Working with it now. Amazing work folks. What a great upgrade!!!

fazcue
I've just order PlatformPro Developer (with 2.0 Dev Pre-Order included) but Pagelines 2.0 is not list in my account. Do I need to wait until December 8th? Thanks!

Simon
All customers with platformpro who purchased between sept15 and tonight will get it, were scheduled for 4am irish time, if you want to stay up with me ;)

cybersphere
I am also looking forward to the release. I want to use "Profiles Section" feature I've heard about on one of the page but I am little concerned after what slinger (6 Dec post above) mentioned about upgrading. I'm hoping there will be a documentation hand-holding me to upgrade from v1.x to v2.

slingr
Cybersphere ... don't hold your breath waiting on documentation. I complained in July and they all assured me that they were completely revising all their documentation. No evidence of ANY additional documentation on Platform Pro 1.5x since then. You might be interested in a critique I posted on my blog in early September, which Pagelines' Kyle Stewart commented on: http://thisisnotthat.com/wordpress/?p=2251 . One of their many business deficiencies (IMO) is they give little thought to nomenclature. Note that this new 2.0 release is NOT Platform Pro (even though they themselves have referred to it as "2.0" as though it's a subsequent release) ... this is a new product. This is not an "upgrade" ... this is a new product. Be sure to read Kyle Stewart's response to the the review posted at http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/comment/82613#Comment_82613. Why they "pre-released" this RC4 three effing days before their launch ... before the store is ready ... before the promised (again!) documentation is posted ... before they've release word one about what exactly this new release does ... it's just baffling. I'm a paying customer who depends on their product so I really don't wish this on them, but IMO they've completely laid the groundwork for a clusterfck of epic fail proportions on Thursday. I'll put it this way ... as someone who's battled with them on a billing issue for three months, and they STILL weren't able to fix a very solvable recurring billing problem with PayPal, there is no way I'm paying for anything in this new hyped "store" for at least three months. I think they're heading for a train wreck. And if I'm wrong by the end of December, I'll apologize here. Meanwhile, I think this forum is going to make for some pretty interesting reading come Thursday.

Rob
Slingr, the documents you seek are there. You're simply looking in the wrong place. They've been live for 2 weeks but I guess you might have missed them. They're located at [url="http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/"]http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/[/url]

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob
Cybersphere, I think you'll find that the migration is pretty easy, particularly if you didn't make many changes in functions.php. But even if you did, we make it possible to add those mods to the new system. I had my discussion forums, with bbPress and Buddypress, heavily customized, converted over in under 10 minutes, then added Vanilla, with customization for that in under 20 minutes more, even having time to remove bbPress and Buddypress in just under 30 minutes total. Heck, I even had a glass of lemonade and ate a bagel while I did it. Believe me, I'm no whiz kid at this stuff. The word kid would be a giant leap of the imagination, too. ;)

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Dominik
Is $49 the final price for iBlogPro5? Is iBlogPro5 ready to download? or shoud i wait? could i get a coupon code for iBlogPro5? the 40% code is used to buy The Framework 2.0 so i need a new one.

Danny
Hi Monster, 1. Yes, that's the final price, which is actually cheaper than the original iBlogPro. 2. Yes, you can download it, once you have purchased the theme. 3. I'm not 100% on this, but I don't think there is any coupon code for iBlogPro5.

Please search our forums, before posting!

kinkevi
I just loaded RC4 and it looks like my Jetpack Twitter Widget disappeared from my site AND my Widgets menu. Any known issues?

stoltz
I've also installed RC4, but my jetpack is intact. There is another issue, buddypress forum/buddypress might make the WP-admin part go blank - I had that issue together with another person who wrote recently on this forum. If you have buddypress on your site or any other forum, try deactivating it and see if that might sort out your jetpack problem.

slingr
@rangelone: And where exactly was the link to http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/ for the past two weeks? You may forget that I as a paying customer don't have all the inside scoop like you "pros" do. I have to scrounge around and be thankful for the support morsels you deign to toss my way. Please don't feel obligated to respond to my posts unless you just get off on the condescending high. As a paying customer, I'm really not worthy.

mobilenow
I myself am trying to figure out what is so awesome about this upgrade. I have been feverishly waiting for it for 2 months, and I was totally bummed when I saw it. I am going to play with it a little more before I get too upset, but frankly there are some glaring oversights of things that should have been fixed (we still need to use custom code to adjust font sizes for example), and then there are several functions that appear to have been removed so that it now requires even more custom code to do more things (the color Control section has only a fraction of the controls now...) I was quite honestly a little shocked when I saw it. Am I missing something here? What I'm beginning to suspect is that Pagelines is going to make a tidy profit from the "shop" area, so they are making things more difficult (or certainly not any easier) than before so that people will have to buy more modules from the shop. Please Pagelines, I am a huge fan, but I need you to tell me this isn't true, and MEAN IT.

kgstew
Hi Mobilenow, We think you will find that new framework is substantially easier to use than the previous version. We have removed many of the long lists of options in favor of dynamic control. Color control is good example, we removed the 20 something color options and instead created a system to dynamically control the less important color options on the site. We are always taking feedback to make improvements and if font sizing is a pain point of the community it is something that can be added. The store is about giving you new tools to use on your site. It's not about making money. Take a look at the Apple model, they make about 2% total revenue on the app store. We can only build so much into the framework and by opening up the framework to other developers the options available increase exponentially. Developers, designers and the do it your self site builders will all have the chance to connect and find news ways to create great websites. We want to hear the feedback and really understand how you are using the framework and what will be most useful to you. Give it a try, build a site and let us know you think. -Kyle

mobilenow
@kgstew, Thanks for the reply. I'm just starting a new project and will be using 2.0 as you suggested so I can really compare the two. I totally understand that you can't build everything into the program, but it just seems that some of the more common sense options are missing. That being said, I'm going to give it a chance for sure. I guess I just had different expectations. I'll be the first to come right back here and say I'm wrong if I am. ;)

cybersphere
As I have commented elsewhere already, I do like the 'page level' control of 2.0 (sorry... Pagelines framework), over the 'site level' of 1.5.3 (PlatformPro). What is funny is that I was actually happy with how the site was coming along in 1.5.3... then 2.0 came along and I thought... 'yeh, that will be nice to do!" Fantastic effort! @ mobilenow - Yes, font adjustment would be VERY much appreciated!