Sign in to follow this  
bajohnson

Adding a page without header/titles

bajohnson

This is a general WP question that is driving me nuts. Is there any way to create a post or page without it showing in the blog roll? Or as a clickable page? I am wanting to create a permalink that you can click on. Example would be under my 'About' page, have the ability for someone to click on a link within my site that is not a post. Does this make sense?

kdboost
One way would be to set the page or post to "private." This page or post would have a permalink but will not show up. Also just in case you are working in pagelines you might have Breadcrumb links enabled. Go to Settings Template Setup > select Page Content Area from the dropdown list and disable the Breadcrumb section by dragging it to the right.

bajohnson
Thanks! When I set a page to private it only allows me or other admins to see it. Is there a way to make it visible to all, without being a post and still have a permalink? Brian

kastelic
If you create it as a "page" it won't show up in any posts lists (recent posts etc.). As long as you have a custom menu activated it won't show up in the navigation either.