Sign in to follow this  
cybersphere

How to add 'Feature' to Home Page that is a Blog Page?

cybersphere

Hi, Have been playing around with Platform Pro for a few days and watched most of the video tutorials and loving it so far. I can't wait to see the v2 in a few days. My question is in regards to adding 'Features' to my homepage, which is the blog page as well. I have learned that there are two ways to add 'Feature' to a page. Option 1: Either create/edit a Page and choose 'Feature Page' Template OR Option 2: add 'Feature' function into the 'Site Header' in Platform Pro > Template Setup > Site Header (add 'PageLines Features' section). These two options will work for most pages but not for mine. I could be having a senior moment but I can not for the life of me figure out how to edit the primary blog page. Since the blog page is created by default when WordPress is installed... I can not choose 'Home Blog Page' from All Pages either (it does not exist). I do not wish to use Option 2 as I want different Feature sets on different pages. EG. I might have two pages, Products and Services and I want different images to appear in Features for Products page then Services page. So, my question: How can I add 'Features' to my home page that is also the blog page (where blog posts appear)? Thanks in advance!

Danny
HI Cybersphere, I think the link below should be the answer you're looking for! http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/13068/how-do-i-showcase-the-latest-posts-2-different-categories-on-the-home-page/p1

Please search our forums, before posting!

cybersphere
Hi Danny, Firstly, thank you for pointing me to the article re: splitting blog posts. Unfortunately I am unable to see the relevance of that article to my situation where I want to place 'Feature' on my home page, which is the blog page also. I'm sure it is sue to my lack of knowledge of this platform or WP or both but if Danny or anyone else can assist me, it would be very much appreciated. Paul

kastelic
If you go into PlatformPro -> Template Setup you will see a template called Posts Pages. This is what creates the blog page and all archive pages. So you could put the Features Section here rather than in the header. Then if you go to PlatformPro -> Feature Settings you can set the default feature set for the blog pages. Then when you create a new page, such as 'Products' , choose the Feature template for it, and in the Pagelines Meta SEttings -> Feature settings for that page you can choose a different feature set.

cybersphere
Thank you Kastelic! It did the trick!! However, that brings me to a related question. In Platform Pro > Template Setup > Posts Page... there is a 'section' called, 'Content Area', which is the blog posts. I would love to also have another, non-post, that is static 'welcome' message above the posts. Is that possible? If so, I wonder if you could share your wisdom with me again? With thanks, Paul

cybersphere
In the spirit of sharing. I was able to solve this issue by placing a 'Full Width Sidebar' in Platform Pro > Template Setup > Posts Page.

commodityfarm
Hi cybershere and kastelic I have been trying to put this features on my blog page as a home page (NOT Static) for the last 3 days to no success. could both explain alittle more detail on how I go about doing this. Many Thanks. :-t