Sign in to follow this  
js004280

Navigation Menu is not Updating

js004280

I am having an issue with the main navigation menu on osamountainvillage.net. I added a new page that should have been placed under Available Villa/Lots/New Page. However, after moving the page to the correct location in WP Appearance/Menu, and saving....no changes occured on teh site. To further test, I made additional random changes to the menu structure and none of the updates ever came through on the front end. Any thoughts? Josh

Jenny
Hi Josh. I understand that you have added menu items and saved the menu, so that's good. Did you make sure you gave the menu a location? It's on the same page on the top, left. Try making the default wordpress theme (TwentyTen or TwentyEleven) your active theme, and then switching back to making PlatformPro your active theme. Then try to save your menu. (Also make sure you give your menu plenty of time to fully save.. for some reason my menu takes the longest of any page on my site to save.) If you've done that, then I would deactivate ALL plugins and then enable them one by one to see if you have a plugin conflict.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

js004280
Hi Simple_Mama, Thanks for the tips. So, when I activated the other theme...(I tried both twentyten and twentyeleven), nothing changed on my site. If you look at my site, twentyten is the active theme. Any thoughts?

Danny
Hi Josh, DId you select your menu in the "Theme Locations" section? To check this go to Wordpress Admin Dashboard --> Appearances --> Menus, on the left hand side there should be a section called "Theme Locations" with 3 options to choose from, in the "Primary Website Navigation" drop down select your menu. Then click the save button. Let me know if this resolved the issue for you!

Please search our forums, before posting!

js004280
Hey Danny and Simple_Mama, The menu was selected in the 'Theme Locations" section. My next step was to disable all the plugins. Upon doing that, the menu updated and things were back to normal. However I re-activated them all and did not experience the same failure in being able to update the menu. So unfortunately there is no clear 'root cause'. Thanks for your help though, happy to be back in business. Josh

tutecnologia
We are having the same problem but haven't been able to bring the menu back in line