Sign in to follow this  
rwk123

Easy way to remove the title of the page from view?

rwk123

I have a page I need to remove the title from when it "views." Is there an easy way to accomplish this?

Rob
Two matters: 1. Which theme are you using? 2. What's your website so we can see this page when it views? We need to know which location the title is appearing that you want removed. Thanks.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

rwk123
I am using Platform Pro. the page I need to get rid of the title on is http://kerrlf.com/actos/

rwk123
It's the actual title of the page when I created it "FDA links Diabetes Drug to Bladder Cancer" directly under my navigation.

catrina
Ah, I see. I thought the word "view" was randomly popping up on the page. You can hide that title by adding this CSS to Custom Code > Custom CSS: [code]body.page-id-1864 h1.pagetitle {display: none;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

rwk123
Thanks, will give it a shot.

rwk123
Uh, where exactly do I add that custom code? In the Pagelines settings?

rwk123
Won't that affect EVERY page? I just want it on this one.

catrina
No, it'll only affect that page because I added "body.page-id-1864" which is the page ID for that page only.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

rwk123
and I put this in the "custom code" > Custom CSS > Custom rule box, correct? That is on the Pagelines Platform Pro Theme Options.

rwk123
that's very interesting, thank you so much. It took the title out, but then it seems to have messed up my margins? any ideas?

catrina
Where in the Custom CSS was the code pasted? Did you paste it directly after the "body{}" line?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

rwk123
I pasted it in the box in the Pagelines Theme options under custom css. I think I just needed to refresh my browser to get it to look right. Thanks. Somehow my margins got screwy but I fixed that rather easily. How did you determine the page number of that particular page? I have some other pages I would like to get rid of the titles on . . .

catrina
You need to download Firebug (http://getfirebug.com) and inspect the page to see the ID number for that page (which is in the tag near the top of the page). Detailed instructions on how to use Firebug are here: http://www.pagelines.com/docs/customization-tips

Designer | Catrina Dulay

rwk123
Thank you so much. I really appreciate this forum and you guys helping.