Sign in to follow this  
huthandr

comment/leave a response removed from footer

huthandr

I know there are similar topics to this already answered but the css is not working out for my individual situation. We are not accepting comments on our posts, but on the footer of the posts in the index page has (comments 0 ) and a leave a response as a default, even though we unchecked comments. Looking into the forum, I did put: .post-footer {display:none} into the custom code option in white house pro options but now it also deletes all the sharing widgets in the actual post that we would like to keep. I also tried adding in <?php if(comments_open()):?> and <?php endfi;?> around the css code in the post footer.php, which seemed to work, but might not of did it right because the formatting is off and the sidebar wraps underneath instead of to the right. Would love help with this. This is my first wordpress.org blog so it is probably user error.

cmunns

Well it sounds like you are close. Can you provide a link to your site or at least let me know which theme and version you're working on?

huthandr

Sure. www.michigantruthsquad.com

bryan-hadaway

I'm not seeing (comments 0) anywhere, did you find a fix? If not, show me a specific page, and I can provide CSS to easily remove/hide it. Is this error:

<?php endfi;?>
which should be
<?php endif;?>

just from entering it here, or does that error exist in the actual file? Thanks, Bryan

huthandr

sorry to respond so late. Found a quick fix by getting rid of the whole footer .post-footer {display:none}, but it deleted my 'share widgets' at the bottom of the posts that we will need to have back. So looking into a way to only delete the comments/leave a response footer on the blog page, but keep the sharing icons on the posts footer. any help would be greatly appreciated!!

cmunns

I would start by making sure that in the theme options > Page and Post Options you have the option set like this for post footer sharing links: Screen-shot-2010-06-01-at-9.06.08-AM.jpg Then in the _post_footer.php file delete this line of code so you don't get the comments showing up at all. ` <?php comments_number(0, 1, '%'); ?> <?php _e('Comments',TDOMAIN)?> `

huthandr

you are a lifesaver!! That worked perfectly! this is probably a new forum post, or upgraded version...but is there a way to add a facebook sharing widget with the rest of them? thanks! andrea

cmunns

We need to add this in the next update of the theme. If you're feeling brave you could try to add it manually.