Sign in to follow this  
georgerc

How to install web fonts converted by fontsquirrel?

georgerc

I have some unicode fonts in my language converted by fontsquirrel. I got the css codes, which I put in the Custom Code in the settings area. I actually put them in the body { }, between the curly brackets. Now my question is where do I put the fonts themselves. Is it in the themes folder? or Uploads folder? How do I put them? in a single folder or put all the different files in there? George

Rob
George, I don't think that method actually works. Have you checked Google Fonts for matching ones to the fonts you wish to add? Check this for some basic information. Admittedly, the videos are a bit outdated, but should offer some basic guidance. http://www.pagelines.com/docs/text-fonts. Fonts are added using Typekit, Cufon or Google fonts with changes made to functions.php.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

georgerc
I checked the video. But the font is in Tamil language. Google fonts only have English fonts and others. The browsers have a standard unicode tamil font. So I found some other unicode fonts and with the help of fontsquirrel I converted them. My question is how can I install them in my site? If using functions.php, how should I do them? If you can give some directions, I can play with them and see. From the info I found from other places say that I put CSS codes provided by the fontsquirrel in the stylesheet and put the converted fonts in the themes folder. So where do I put the css code? in the header? in the functions.php? or in the Platform Pro custom code CSS rules, or in the Header script? Thanks for the help

catrina
The CSS code should go where the CSS traditionally goes in Custom Code > Custom CSS. In the information you found, did it say exactly where the fonts should be placed in the theme folder?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse