Sign in to follow this  
jonas_johnson

IE9 Menu wrapping

jonas_johnson

Hi, using iblogpro themes, when browsing with ie8 its working but with ie9 the main meny is wrapping and add some extra linefeed. Some settings?

catrina
I'm not sure if that can be adjusted with settings. Can you post a link and a screenshot of what you see on IE9?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jonas_johnson
[img]http://www.ekokardiografi.se/public_html/wp-content/themes/iblogpro/images/menu.jpg [/img]

jonas_johnson
[img]http://www.ekokardiografi.se/m1.png [/img]

Rob
The menu item "Stadgar" seems to be one preset in the options as a default secondary menu. It doesn't appear to be a drop down item. So when a drop down item will appear, it will push down and remain there. It isn't a wrapped item. I checked it in IE9 on my own machine. You might wish to consider a different font for your header as the one you're using stretches very wide laying under your social media icons.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jonas_johnson
No, when testing twentyeleven all pages are the on same level. If there is to many menu items it is shown on a secondary line with veritical bars. I'm using all defualt font from iblogpro.

Rob
Sorry, I thought Stadgar was a secondary nav item. Apologies for my confusion. The problem stems from the CSS applied to the menu. At present, this is the code that is used and causing the problem: [code]#nav ul li a { color: #000000; display: block; padding: 9px 22px 9px 20px; text-decoration: none; text-shadow: 0 1px 0 #DDDDDD; }[/code] I think you need to add this to the code below to [b]Dashboard > iBlogPro > Theme Options > Custom[/b] in the [b]CSS Rules[/b] area, and adjust the second and fourth numbers. [u][i]The ones I've provided are suggestions[/i][/u]. [code]#nav ul li a { color: #000000; display: block; padding: 9px 16px 9px 14px; text-decoration: none; text-shadow: 0 1px 0 #DDDDDD; }[/code] Let us know if this works. However, if you add any more menu items or change the length of the text, it will break again.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jonas_johnson
Ok, I will test that. Another q: 1. Can I remove the footer information i.e. have just copyright etc in one line? 2. Remove the comments in the Post pages? 3. If I upgrade to developers version of Iblogpro, what more can I do? 4. The size of the calender is very big compare to twentyeleven, can I adjust that? 5. Is it possible to link the carousel to the media folder?