Sign in to follow this  
siddhanathyoga

Can someone help me on custom code

siddhanathyoga

Hi, I have created a template called page.Teachers.php. I want to apply it to a post. But my question is what should I do other than adding setup_pagelines_template(); Can I add html code below that? so I can see it on post to which this template is applied? Currently I have written some simple html in template but I cannot output of that on post, it is showing me original post content only.

catrina
Have you followed the instructions here?: http://www.pagelines.com/docs/custom-sections Also, can you paste what code you created?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

siddhanathyoga
I followed this instructions "Adding Drag and Drop Page Templates" and created tempate and I just added line echo "Hello World" . This how it looks now [code]

siddhanathyoga
yes in platformbase. I can also see it in template setup section of PlatformPro , in dropdown.

siddhanathyoga
Do I need to register or do something like that, I just followed 3 steps of pageline doc "Adding Drag and Drop Page Templates"

catrina
Did you also follow this step?: "Add ???pagelines_add_page(???[page-id]???, ???[Page Name]???);??™ to the child functions.php file

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

siddhanathyoga
yes i did. Here is that part of functions.php [code] // Add Base Page if ( function_exists( 'pagelines_add_page' ) ) { pagelines_add_page('base', 'Custom Page'); pagelines_add_page('Teachers', 'Teachers'); } [/code]

siddhanathyoga
I tried putting html code [code]

Hello World

[/code] Didn't worked. I also deleted all content from post, updated the post and again applied above 'Teachers' template still cannot see that 'Hello World'

siddhanathyoga
If i can do something for template and apply it i can work on custom fields passing data using post meta.

siddhanathyoga
http://www.siddhanath.org/our-community/teachers This is the page to which I am applying template "Teachers", it's a page not post. For now I've removed the content from page, but expecting "Hello World"

siddhanathyoga
Do I need custom sections? I think custom template creation and applying should work? I have just followed those 3 steps of pagelines doc "Adding Drag and Drop Page Templates"

Rob
I'm bumping this up for developer attention.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

siddhanathyoga
Any updates on passing of data between pages in pagelines? any example can you show? how to do this?

Danny
Hi siddhanathyoga, The custom page template you created as far as I'm aware can not be applied to a post. When you create a custom page, you should only add the code needed. If you want to add HTML to this custom page, you will need to do within the HTML tab of page editor screen or use a custom section. What do you actually mean when you say passing of information between pages, would it be possible for you to reply in greater details please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

siddhanathyoga
Yes Thank you. I am trying to pass value of email, when user clicks on link, Email, using this [code] Email[/code]. On receiving page i.e. teacherstest , I am trying to get value $_GET['email']. For this purpose I followed that pagelines doc 3 steps.[code]Adding Drag and Drop Page Templates http://www.pagelines.com/docs/custom-sections[/code] Then created a template. [code]

siddhanathyoga
I guess I need this [code]Child Sections ??“ Create your own drag and drop sections ??“ PHP, JS, CSS, Images, etc..[/code] and not drag and drop page templates.

siddhanathyoga
Problem Solved. I created custom section. So I could write PHP code to receive url parameter. Any better way appreciated. I have 100 email links any link can be clicked. Does creating 100 custom field seems ok? Anyways glad to know how it works now. Thanks for response and help.

Danny
Happy to hear you got it working! I don't see any problem in creating custom fields.

Please search our forums, before posting!