Sign in to follow this  
bajohnson

Header (Page) Font Size

bajohnson

How can I change my page font size for page titles? I see where you can change the actual font, but no size options. Thanks

catrina
The page title size can be changed using this CSS added to Custom Code > Custom CSS: [code]h1.entry-title {font-size: #px;}[/code] Change # to the size you want.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

bajohnson
You're on a roll today! :-) I'm still having a hard time finding where to add the code. There is the option within the pageline platform OR is this through WP? I'm sorry, rookie here. Thank you for your time

bajohnson
So, within Platform is it at the bottom where it says CSS? Still struggling on where to put it.

Rob
Copy Catrina's suggestion and when logged in as Admin, go to [b]Dashboard > PlatformPro > Custom Code[/b]. In that tab you'll find (top of the panel) [b]CSS Rules[/b]. Simply paste it into its own line in there. Best practice is to add at the very bottom so you don't accidentally break anything else that might be in there.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

bajohnson
Thank you! I tried it with no change. I am wanting to change my pages font. Is that h1? http://brian-speaks.com/ Brian

Rob
Not necessarily H1. Do you have Firebug for Firefox? [url]http://www.getfirebug.com[/url] This would tell you which fonts you wish to adjust so you can apply CSS to that specific part of your site. Try this instead... [code]h2.entry-title {font-size: #px;}[/code] As Catrina said, change the "#" to the number you want. You can also change #px to an "em" size. At present, we use 2em. The ???em??? is a scalable unit that is used in web document media. An em is equal to the current font-size, for instance, if the font-size of the document is 12pt, 1em is equal to 12pt. Ems are scalable in nature, so 2em would equal 24pt, .5em would equal 6pt, etc. Ems are becoming increasingly popular in web documents due to scalability and their mobile-device-friendly nature. In terms of pixels, 1em = 16px. The em method would look like this... [code]h2.entry-title {font-size: 1.5em;}[/code] which is smaller than the current 2em (about 24pt or 32px or high). 1.5 would equal 18pt or 24px. You can adjust in decimal sizes, such as 1.875em. Just change the 1.5 to any size that works for you.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

bajohnson
Thank you! I tried that with this h2.entry-title {font-size: 3em;} body{} And downloaded FireBug but no change? Do you have any other thoughts? I went back and also tried h1 etc. Brian

catrina
When I view your site, you don't have any page titles enabled on your pages. Can you please enable them so that we can inspect the CSS more accurately?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

bajohnson
Catrina What do you mean by that? How can I enable them? Thanks

catrina
You are referring to the title that is supposed to show when you view the "About" page, yes? Or were you referring to the post titles on individual post pages?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

bajohnson
I am referring to each individual page text size Video|Local Co-op|About|Archives The main header page titles.

catrina
When I view this page there is no page title: http://brian-speaks.com/video/ Are you referring to the navigation text? Sorry for the misunderstanding. :O

Designer | Catrina Dulay

bajohnson
That's my fault. Yes. The navigation heading. So in that case VIDEO Is what I am trying to change the font on. Thanks

catrina
Add this code to Custom Code > Custom CSS to change the size for all navigation link items: [code]ul#menu-main-nav li.menu-item a {font-size: 20px;}[/code] Change 20px to any size you want (18px, 15px, etc.).

Designer | Catrina Dulay

bajohnson
Gold! That worked. Thank you Catrina!!!