Sign in to follow this  
siddhanathyoga

Adding Custom fields value and passing on link click - How?

siddhanathyoga

Hi , I have installed plugin "Simple Contact Form Revisited Widget" it's shortcode requires email id of person e.g. [contactform email="[email protected]"] . On one page i have table of people's information with there email as hyperlink to contact page where there is this shortcode. I want to pass that email value to this contact page so i can use in this shortcode. I have read about custom fields, but how do i achieve in pagelines this thing of passing value on click of link. Mostly it should store email value to custom field on click and retrieve on other page? Thank you

siddhanathyoga
Site link http://www.siddhanath.org/our-community/teachers#en There is table which has column for email, I can put hyperlink in that column with target as contact page. I want to store value when click on email and retrieve. Thanks Appreciate it.

catrina
This sounds more like a plugin-related issue. Try contacting the plugin creator about using the shortcode to achieve what you're trying to do since I'm not certain how it can be incorporated.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

siddhanathyoga
I think I can solve this, just guide me. For example I have created a custom template in pagelines, reading pagelines docs. Now say I want add html code in, page.Teachers.php, for now i just added echo "Hello World" below line [b]setup_pagelines_template();[/b] . On the post side I selected this new "Teachers" template but still I cannot see "Hello World" on page. If you tell me what I am missing I can figure out.

siddhanathyoga
I mean that new 'Teachers' template is not getting applied. I can still see original post content?