Sign in to follow this  
treed

Javascript in Universal Sidebar?

treed

Hi - I'm a new PlatformPro customer and have a very basic question. I would like to put an adsense skyscraper ad (160x600) in a universal sidebar. The adsense code includes javascript. How would you recommend that incorporate an ad, since the code itself includes javascript? Thanks, Tim

ronstahl
If you're running Wordpress there are a number of plugins you can install easily that will handle javascript banners. The one that worked for me was HTML Javascript adder which is available in the INSTALL NEW PLUGINS section of Wordpress then just place your code the widget that will appear in your available Widgets area. I hope that helps.

treed
Thanks for your help. I'll try that tonight and let you know.

Rob
I use the Adsense code in my sidebars by simply dragging a text widget over to the sidebar, then pasting the code directly into the text area and saving. It requires no more customization and no plugins to achieve this. Depending on the horizontal alignment and your sidebar width, you may need to add
and
tags around it. Also, make certain that the sidebar width is a minimum of 192 pixels to accommodate a 160 pixel wide ad. The additional space is to handle the padding. Without that minimum width, the right side of your add will be cut off.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur