Sign in to follow this  
mary_rtd

Features Box - YouTube Video

mary_rtd

I created a custom image that I would like to link to the video (not to YouTube, but play in the feature box) See first feature box on this page: http://opxadvisors.com/ This is the image that I want to show and when you click on the image, it would play the video in the box...

catrina
I don't think it's possible to link an image to a video that can play directly within a box. Is that image a screenshot from the actual YouTube video itself? If so, I think there's a way to select the screenshot that displays if you add the video itself to the feature box.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

mary_rtd
No, it's not a screen shot...it's not in the video at all.

Rob
Since the gentleman in the video and the background text he stands next to match exactly what is seen in what looks like a static image, I think Catrina's point was that it appears to be a screenshot of the video. I think we were both taken in by the combination of your question and what we saw. I'm sorry for our confusion. Catrina is correct however, that you cannot have a static image link to video in the slider. It simply doesn't work that way. You could however, create a regular slide that links to a page where the video plays automatically. The video plays, but you have transition set for the slider. As a result, the next slide will transition in shortly after the video begins. To correct this, simply go to the Feature Settings and remove the Feature Viewing Time (Timeout), leaving it blank. With that however, you'll need to use some form of navigation for manual transition. I'm sure this is not an ideal solution for you. So if I may suggest, you would be best going to http://www.wordpress.org/extend/plugins and searching for a feature slider that handles videos normally. There are many. You can easily replace ours with one you select.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur