Sign in to follow this  
bokeh

Which page in Platformpro relates to tag results

bokeh

Hi. My site, www.businessfootprint.net is showing up very well for a number of the small blog posts that I have posted when using a particular tag. (Quite by accident) On the organic listings, when people click the link, Google takes them to a page which shows all of the posts in which this tag appears ??“ they can then choose which blog post to dip into. My question is ??“ what page setting relates to this tag page in Platform Pro? As I want to change the settings of this page to make this entry page as accessible as possible and ultimately get people to phone, email etc to increase orders. The page is: http://www.businessfootprint.net/tag/tm44-inspections-london/#.Ttj-jpjsIat best Paul

catrina
You can use All In One SEO Pack to add the tag word as a meta tag: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/all-in-one-seo-pack/ (it optimizes your site for search engines)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

bokeh
Hi Catrina, I use Yoast, which I prefer. No, my question was not actually about SEO. When I type one of my tags (TM44 inspections london, in particular) google shows this very high up in organic listings. Which is good as it's a popular search term for my business. Now, if I click on that Google link it takes me to my website, and shows me (in blog format) all of my posts that contain that tag. Now, some of the settings for this page, ie sidebars etc are not what I would like. So, within Platform Pro; what is this page type called, so that I can then go ahead and change some of its settings? It doesn't appear to be the main blog page, nor is it the single post page. Best Paul

Rob
It should be using the default page, however, if you've created a blog page with a different page template, it could be using that. Google will try to place the grouping before the individual page. Are you adding the keywords/tags manually on each post?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

bokeh
Hi Rangelone, yes, I'm adding them manually for each posting. I've got two different sidebars, which I need to toggle on or off when I post each blog posting. Yet, the Google-linked tag page seems to show both sidebars one below the other. Am I doing something wrong? Is there an easier way to have a main sidebar and then a different one only for a few pages? best Paul

Jenny
A tag page is considered a "posts page". You should be able to visit PlatformPro -> Blog and Posts and adjust your settings for the Posts Page, specifically the Posts Page-Content Layout section. You can set this how you want the majority of your pages to appear (including those pages that you can't edit, such as tag pages), and then adjust the other individual pages' layouts on each page editor.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.