Sign in to follow this  
rbarsalo

One image (or text) link to a gallery?

rbarsalo

I need to do a book product file and would like to link the cover of the book to a gallery of inside pages without leaving that book file. I also want to do this without having to put all the thumbnails in that same page. I have searched for two days and it seems all gallery plugins insist that the images of the galleries must be on that page. Is there a way to have only one picture (or text) to open a lightbox style gallery with multiple pictures to scroll?

catrina
Have you considered Lightbox 2?: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/lightbox-2/ It lets you scroll through images by clicking "next" and "previous" links within the Lightbox. It doesn't have thumbnails inside.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

rbarsalo
Thanks Catrina, But my problem is that I want a single picture (not a gallery of thumbnails) to open a lightbox window with several other pictures in it. Is there a way to have only one picture (or text) to open a lightbox style gallery with multiple pictures in it to scroll?

rbarsalo
Do you know how? Or where I could find the code to do this? Its not in the plugin interface I have (which is jQuery Lightbox For Native Galleries)...

Jenny
I've never seen a lightbox plugin that does that but it doesn't mean they don't exist. Most lightbox plugins open one image at a time. I suggest searching http://www.wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ or even a google search.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

rbarsalo
I mentionned I had search for two days ;- ) Will keep searching and post the solution when I find it. In the meantime, here is the closest i could get : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1428401/how-to-make-a-jquery-lightbox-open-multiple-images-from-one-link Will try this and come back with a comment.

Rob
Have you considered embedding a PDF file inside a page?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

rbarsalo
The link I gave coupled with the latest version of Lightbox Plus made it work perfectly in PlatformPro child theme. Seems everything needs to be checked again in 2.0...

rbarsalo
You saw them in my questions about blank pages... that became lost links in features, boxes, widgets, and background. All the infos that I had put in PlaatformPro are not recognized in 2.0 Seems Pageline changed the data structure...