Sign in to follow this  
brightonkeller

There are 2 main things I want to do:

brightonkeller

1. The "Previous Entries" link at the bottom of my posts page (Pagination) is WAY TOO SMALL. I have gotten multiple emails from visitors saying that they want to see posts from the past, but can't find the link. To solve this problem: 1. I have tried to use CSS by identifying the proper div/class with Firebug - After hours, nothing worked 2. I have done lots of research and can't seem to find anything 3. I don't know how to use an FTP server or whatever it is called, so I can't use Functions.php (unless you want to step me through it) 2. I would like to put the link "LEAVE A COMMENT" at the bottom of the post. It does not make sense to have it at the top. Also, I would like this font size to be bigger I hope I hear back soon! This has been such a struggle... Website Live Link: www.brightontheday.com

kastelic
Looks look you got number 1 working. The text is now 50px. For number 2, do you just want to eliminate the text saying "leave a comment"? Since at the bottom of the post, is already the entire comment form? As for editing functions.php, you can go to Appearance -> Editor in your WP backend to edit any theme files. Make sure you have Platform Base activated.

brightonkeller
Oh it worked?? wait which class worked? I have like 7 different versions in my css! ha I want there to be a comment option at the bottom of every post on the default post page. Not the single post page.

brightonkeller
and am i seeing something wrong? I just looked at my blog and the previous comments link is still really small!

catrina
What custom CSS do you have right now? (Not just the CSS for the comments, but all of it)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

brightonkeller
.post-title h1, h2, h3{font-family: 'Crafty Girls', cursive;text-align:center;} div.branding_wrapper {font-family: 'Crafty Girls', cursive;} #branding div.branding_wrap {text-align: center;} #branding .content-pad {padding: 0px;} .wp-table-reloaded-id-5 { border: none!important; } div.signature img { padding: 5px; span.post-comments a:link {font-size: 25px;} div.banner-text-pad {margin-bottom: -30px;} div.banner_container {height: 100px; margin-top: -500px;} #pagination .page-nav-default fix {font-size: XXX-Large;} (doesnt work) #pagination.copy-pad {font-size: 300%;} #pagination .copy-fix .copy-pad .page-nav-default fix {font-size: 300%;} #pagination .copy-fix .copy-pad .page-nav-default fix {font-size: 50px;} div#pagination.copy (font-size: 50px;} .page-nav-default {font-size: 50px;} #pagination wp-page-navi {font-size: 50px;} (nothing works)

catrina
Please add this to Custom Code > Custom CSS and delete the other pagination CSS you've already added: [code]/* CHANGES PAGINATION LINK SIZE */ div#pagination {font-size: 25px;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

brightonkeller
I just did that and it didn't work. should i make it bigger than 25px?

catrina
Try this one instead: [code]div#pagination div.previous-entries a {font-size: 25px;} div#pagination div.next-entries a {font-size: 25px;}[/code]

Designer | Catrina Dulay

brightonkeller
just tried 50px. didnt make a difference

brightonkeller
that didn't work either! which is so weird because i looked at the HTML tags on firebug and those are all right!! could something be overriding me?

catrina
Did you already remove all of this CSS?: [code]#pagination .page-nav-default fix {font-size: XXX-Large;} (doesnt work) #pagination.copy-pad {font-size: 300%;} #pagination .copy-fix .copy-pad .page-nav-default fix {font-size: 300%;} #pagination .copy-fix .copy-pad .page-nav-default fix {font-size: 50px;} div#pagination.copy (font-size: 50px;} .page-nav-default {font-size: 50px;} #pagination wp-page-navi {font-size: 50px;}[/code]

Designer | Catrina Dulay

catrina
Try this: [code]div#pagination span.previous-entries a {font-size: 25px;} div#pagination span.next-entries a {font-size: 25px;}[/code]

Designer | Catrina Dulay

brightonkeller
Yes. removed all pagination css before pasting. I'm about to try the most recent one!

brightonkeller
No Luck! :(

catrina
Try adding the CSS you have to the stylesheet in PlatformBase instead (Appearance > Editor > style.css)

Designer | Catrina Dulay

brightonkeller
I cannot explain to you the excitement I feel right now!!! YAYY!! It's so awesome to finally find a solution after so much frustration!!!

brightonkeller
Now how do i move the leave a comment to the bottom (I could have it at top AND bottom)...

brightonkeller
Also, where and how do I change "Previous entries" to say something more customized

brightonkeller
Should I post a new discussion?

Jenny
Do you mean move the entire comment section to the bottom? If that's what you want to do, I recommend installing the Disqus plugin. It changes your comments completely and gives you those options. For "previous entries", I assume you're talking about page navigation. You could use a plugin for that also. Think it's called WP-PageNavi

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.