Sign in to follow this  
stjohn

internal links in the feature section

stjohn

is it possible to have two or three links inside the feature section?

Rob
You should be able to create links inside the text area. Have you tried that?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

stjohn
It was more I'd like to drop an image I'd created in, say, photoshop into the features section and then have certain areas on the image enabled for links.

Rob
That's mapping and would create conflicts. Not a good idea. I don't even know if WordPress supports image mapping.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

stjohn
When you say conflicts what kind of conflicts and how bad? Millennium bug level bad or matter meeting anti matter level bad?

stjohn
If I was to set the text box to a width of 100% is it possible to insert clickable jpgs over the background layer with accuracy?

catrina
I believe someone tried to using mapping on a regular page and even then, the mapping wasn't working (I'm not sure if this issue was resolved yet). You can try inserting the clickable JPGs and using CSS to position them exactly.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

stjohn
Thats sounds a plan. Which css codes do you need to use to position images and where do i put it. advanced image settings - styles? thank you

catrina
You would put the CSS in Custom Code > Custom CSS. The images you're adding would have to have styles, so the IMG tags would look like this: [code][/code] ...the CSS style for it would look like this: [code]img.IMG1 {position: absolute; top: #px; left: #px;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

stjohn
Hi Thank you but can't get that to work. I'm hoping for a simple fix that puts one box in each corner of the feature slide over a background image. I can then put a link on each box. I've tried to do this by aligining boxes on the left and right and to the top and the bottom. I cant seem to get them to sit at the top though? Any suggestions?