Sign in to follow this  
flourishdesignstudio

Style is Missing in IE7 and IE6

flourishdesignstudio

Hello! I have a site that displays fine in every browser except for IE 7 and 6. It is okay in IE8. It appears that the entire style sheet is missing. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? The site address is http://www.moosewoodcooks.com Thanks in advance for your help!

Rob
First consider that IE6 users amount to under 1.5% of all browsers and mostly outside the US. Similarly, IE7 is also largely used outside the US by less than 3.4% of Internet users. I don't think this is anything to worry about, however you may wish to consider this: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ie6-upgrade-option/

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

flourishdesignstudio
Thanks for the suggestion. I actually found an upgrade plugin that works for IE 6 and 7! Even better! I just wish there was a way to get it to display with some style. It really looks horrible on those older versions of IE. If anyone else has a suggestion, I would appreciate those, too!

Rob
Considering how few people use those, and the fact that both IE6 and 7 are outdated and not even supported by Microsoft anymore, I would suggest you not worry about it. Anyone who has such an old browser needs to buy a new machine or upgrade their systems anyway and isn't likely browsing too much. Over 95% of sites will break in those browsers.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur