Sign in to follow this  
365dop

Callout alignment

365dop

Hi All, I recently created an image for the callout section. Two things happened 1) the default text still appears 2) the callout section does not align left....it only partially shows on the right hand side (it falls off the window). Any advice? Do I have to solve this issue with additional code? I tried the simple coding....but it did not work. Not sure how to add an image here, but I have a screenshot I can send. Best, Maya www.365daysofprint.com

Rob
Insert an image between img and /img each one of those surrounded by square brackets [] like [img]

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

versus
better post a link)) btw how did you toggle that sub navigation to appear horizontally?

Rob
You don't. You use Secondary Nav to create horizontal navigation on pages or posts. Use the Meta settings in each post or page to select the secondary nav menu you create in Dashboard > Appearance > Menus for any grouping.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

365dop
I'm tech challenged and don't want to make it live on the website, given how funky it looks.Couldn't figure out how to insert an img/ from my desktop. So...I made it my profile pic. Rangelone is correct re: the nav. Let me know if you all have a suggestions.... I am eager to utilize the callout section. Thanks, Maya

Danny
Hi Maya, That screenshot in your profile is far too small, I can't make out anything, to add an image to your post for us to see, follow these instructions. Take a screenshot of you issue and save the screenshot to your desktop. Go to http://imgur.com/ and upload your image, once uploaded, they will provide you with a number of links. Choose either the "Direct Link (email & IM)" code which looks like a regular URL or the "BBCode (message boards & forums)" which looks like this "[img]Image link will appear here.[/img]"

Please search our forums, before posting!

365dop
Thanks Danny. I appreciate your time and help. Here is the link: [URL=http://imgur.com/Kdpyn][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Kdpyn.png[/IMG][/URL] All my best, Maya

365dop
Hi Catrina, Below is the only custom code currently. Let me know if you think it is the problem. Thanks, Maya .clip-header{float:left;width:100%; } #primary-nav li a{ font-size: 1.0em; } body #branding .content-pad { padding: 100px 0 25px 15px; } body #branding .branding_wrap { margin-top: -85px; position: absolute; }

Jenny
That custom code doesn't look to be causing anything to display incorrectly. In order to help you with this, you would have to make it live on your site. You could always add a dummy page and use it there.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

365dop
I didn't think the custom code was the problem. Can I add anything to the code that will adjust it? I'm not sure how to make a dummy page, I was hoping an image would be enough :(

Jenny
Unfortunately I can't provide any specifics without a link to your site but you can try to find the right CSS element and add a float:right or float:left to see if that helps :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.