Sign in to follow this  
ryanjohnjackson

A way to go about listing information?

ryanjohnjackson

I'm not sure if it's ok with Pagelines to ask this question since it's not directly part of the theme. Just tell me if its not proper. I'm confused how one would go about listing things on a page in a manageable way. For example, we have a database page that we add to over time and it must stay in order with everything positioned the same. This is the current one: http://wppl.lib.ny.us/links/Databases/All_Databases/index.shtml What is the best way to go about this? We can obviously do straight html or type it out in the editor. But is there a way to manage data like this? In addition I'd like to manage a list of employees on a page. These employees won't be members of the site. Is there an easy function for this? Thanks

Rob
For the employees, there's a plugin called WP Academic People List http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-academic-people/ I have it working on one of my sites and it seems to work fine. As for the list, you can manually create the list or, depending on how that page you linked is constructed, possibly include that list in an iframe if you could strip the existing header and sidebar from the .shtml file. There are plugins for using iframes.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob
You might also be able to copy/paste the source code from the .shtml page into a static page created in Wordpress. It may require subsequent styling, particularly if it's a table.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

ryanjohnjackson
Tried copying the page in but it would be quicker to just re-create it linearly in the visual editor for me. I'll definitely try out academic plugin. Thank you ;)