Sign in to follow this  
frankydp

Universal Sidebar hiding when post present

frankydp

Using universal sidebar to display some shortcode and text. When I publish a post the universal sidebar does not render on the homepage. Is this being caused by the default display setting and if so is there a way to fix this without individually hiding the sidebar on all pages and post? www.killfoot.com - although i have removed post to display correctly.

frankydp
The sidebar does not display even if I "show universal sidebar" in the published post.

Rob
In Dashboard > PlatformPro > Template Setup, in the templates you're using for pages and posts, do you have the Universal Sidebar setup there? Or, depending on where you're placing it (like above the footer) on the top in the Footer template? It sounds like you're just including it via the page setup.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob
BWT, do you have PlatformBase activated? And what versions of Pro and Base do you have?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

frankydp
1.5.3 pro I have the USB set in the header section below the branding. As you can see on the site it is displaying the Promotion numbers. If I publish a post the hook doesn't load at all.

kastelic
If you go into Template Setup -> Header and click on Advanced Setup on your USB section, make sure that both of those boxes are not checked.

frankydp
Well I have "fixed" it. I have set USB to display at all times, and then hidden it in the post. I have also had to assign the displayed boxes to an empty box set inorder to prevent all box sets displaying, the boxes follow the wrong rules for display when they do display form some reason also. I do not know what is telling the boxes or USB to print to the html but none of the global settings should be. I also do not know why box sets other than the assigned display when boxes are mark to hide in a specific post.