Sign in to follow this  
stefanoferruggiara

ADD CATEGORY DROP DOWN MENU IN HEADER

stefanoferruggiara

Hi there, How can i insert in my header, up the social icons on the right, the widget category or a drop down menu for find articles by category?

"Se c'è una sola possibilità.. lo faccio, se non c'è.. la creo!"

Coach Stefano Ferruggiara, Allenatore Fisico & Mentale

stefanoferruggiara
My site for see my header is http://www.stefanoferruggiara.com

Rob
Stefano, You could create a drop down and include it in the header using a hook, however, I wouldn't have any idea how to write the hook for that or, what the code would be. That seems like a specialized customization for our Pros: http://www.pagelines.com/pros

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

stefanoferruggiara
But you think that is it possible to insert the widget category?

kastelic
You could go into Template Setup -> Site Header and then drag the Universal Sidebar into the template above the Branding Section. Then go to Appearance -> Widgets and drag the Categories Widget into the Univeral Sidebar widget area. Then its just a matter of positioning it using CSS.

stefanoferruggiara
Thanks Kastelic.. i did.. but my header slide down, I have a site back ground image with full width disigne framework :)

catrina
This CSS can move the dropdown menu into the header: [code]div#categories-3 {margin-top: -155px;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

stefanoferruggiara
Thanks Catrina, where i have to insert? in custom code?

stefanoferruggiara
Listen and for move on the right side of the header? cause now is in the middle

catrina
Yes, in Custom Code > Custom CSS. You can add this in the CSS to move it to the left: [code]margin-left: 50px;[/code] Increase the 50px value if needed.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

stefanoferruggiara
It doesn't work Catrina.. is moved but it seems like is down in transparent of my site branding.. if a try to click is like click on my logo, reload the page.. see it now on my site: http://www.stefanoferruggiara.com

stefanoferruggiara
margine-left: 50px inside the { } ? Cause inside .. the menu move in to the right a little and down, and he look like is cut on the final 5mm.

stefanoferruggiara
You can see now on the site.

stefanoferruggiara
this is all the custom code that i have, probably some one of this... is wrong? ___________________________________________________________ #primary-nav ul.sf-menu, .sf-menu * { background: #000000; } h3.widget-title h2 {font-family: Verdana;} div.widget-pad {font-family: Verdana;} h2.entry-title {font-family: Verdana;} div.entry_content {font-family: Verdana;} body {padding-top: 0px;} #footer{border-top:6px solid #bcbcbc;} div#categories-3 {margin-top: -155px;margin-left: 50px} ___________________________________________________________

Danny
Hi Stefano, Your problem is you have from what I can see anyway, added the widget for the drop down category into the More Foot Middle. Go to Appearance --> Widgets and drag the widget into the More Foot Right widget area.

Please search our forums, before posting!

stefanoferruggiara
Wait, I try to explain me better. I am not a technician so I can not do things that go further than place the widget and place them in specific menu in the menu template setting. The code custom that you see is some pagelines technical that give me in this year, year and half using this thema and customizing it. Currently there is no active menu in theme setting and the only code that seems to move the widget does not function correctly because you can see the widget in the center instead of being aligned to the right and below my .png logo image therefore is inaccessible. Does anyone have solutions? Is there anyone who can create for me for 50$ this code?? Because for me it is very important that position a category drop down at that point so if someone can take the time to create me this code clearly willing to pay;)

Kate
Hey Stefano, The page Rangelone mentioned earlier is the place to go for paid customizations ;)

stefanoferruggiara
I been and i send 5 email asking for help.. to now only Sourena reply just now.. but the problem now is a black line just down my nav menu appered after ... do nothing (i deactivated all the plugin and rest the setting theme, but nothing happen, i have open a post, KATE help me please. http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/15549/serious-problem-with-nav-menu#Item_1

stefanoferruggiara
because I believe that you all agree with me, if you are web designers, by definition (design), the words do little to speak. I made a screenshot modified of my problem and how I'd like the widget category in header. Can anyone help me? If you can not help me, would you please indicate me a page-lines developer that PAYING can resolve resolve my problem and customize my header with category widget? SCREENSHOT HERE: http://www.stefanoferruggiara.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/screenshoot-issue-and-with-widget-category-in-header.png

stefanoferruggiara
RESOLVED BY MY SELF=D> Was a ghost button on my menu.. i see using my iphone.. thanks one time to Steve Jobs;)

stefanoferruggiara
I'm talkin' about the problem with the black linea appeared and now.. disappear;)

stefanoferruggiara
Now the customization of header.. some news? ..someone can help me to customize my header?