Sign in to follow this  
dainiswmichel

how to make features stop transitioning to next if play is pressed on a video

dainiswmichel

hey, if you check out http://sanmiguel.taoofyouth.com/category/san-miguel/ you'll see there's a 30 second vid i put into the feature slider. i pasted the scQK5w5oTyQ youtube code directly into the sample youtube video feature about entrepreneurs. 1) i'd rather it display with black bars on the side, so full height 2) i think there is a checkbox for this, but how do i stop the slider from transitioning to the next feature if someone presses play on the video? best, dainis

Rob
To stop the transition, go to Dashboard > PlatformPro > Feature Settings and make sure the Timeout (ms) is blank.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

dainiswmichel
i might be wrong about this, but then it won't transition at all, or? here's what i'm asking: how do keep the slider from transitioning if someone presses play on a video within a set of images and videos? the problem is: i press play on the video and then the slider moves on to the next feature. the point is to present a few images, a few videos, and they press play or click on what they are interested in. when they press play, the feature slider should stop transitioning, and the visitor should stay on the video until it is done. then, i'd say either the slider just stops, or maybe it starts where it left off.

Danny
We had another user post a similar posts not too long ago, I will inform the dev team about this functionality.

Please search our forums, before posting!

dainiswmichel
ahh, i think i'll have to remove the video until it works. workaround? code? maybe 2.0 "just works" anyway...or? is the upgrade going to be "snappy and easy?" best, dainis ps: hmm -- i could just kick the user out to a new tab and have them watch the vid on youtube or? or maybe to a page where the video autoplays?

catrina
I think it'd be easier if you let the user watch the video in a new tab. The video is going to play automatically when opened in a new tab.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

dainiswmichel
thnx catrina, is there a way to set that up automatically? i was going to take a screenshot of the video and have that graphic link to a page with the vid embedded. odd i know...but how would i set up what you are suggesting?

Jenny
Just set the link URL of the feature to the location of the video.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

dainiswmichel
right, but then it does not play in the feature slider. essentially, it "should" press pause and play the vid when someone presses play on the vid within the slider.

Rob
Dainis, Jenny was, I think, following on your previous reply of using a snapshot of the video. She was suggesting that using the snapshot as you would any static slide, you could link it to the new tab. Another method might be to look for another slider or carousel that is specifically designed to handle video. One final method that I used, which I don't think works in your case because of the number of slides, was to up the ante on the total Timeout to match or slightly exceed the duration of the video. In the case where I helped a political site do that, the video was under 1 minute long, This stretched out the duration of each slide, but they only had 4. This is why I did not suggest it to you.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

dainiswmichel
did the screenshot click through to vid thang -- thnx! :-)