Sign in to follow this  
ferdmaster

Template Setup not showing

ferdmaster

Hi! I seem to have a problem that others have had before as well: My Platform Pro settings show all up as a long page and the java circle is working all the time. I am using Safari and at the bottom it says an error has occured while loading the page. My main problem is that the Template setup is not showing. I need to make some changes there, how can I fix this? I started disabling some plugins but that didn't help. I still have 6 plugins running, but I don't want to disable them before understanding the following: When I disable a plugin, will all my settings within the plugin be deleted? I am using these plugins on my website and I don't really want to disable them on the live website. Isn't there another way? Thanks.

ferdmaster
Here's a screenshot: http://www.ngojobs.at/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Bildschirmfoto-2011-11-30-um-00.04.43.png

kastelic
You can disable any plugins and the settings will still be saved. When you re-enable it goes right back to previous settings. Disable all plugins and report back if it didn't fix the problem.

ferdmaster
Hi Kastelic, ok thanks. I found the one plugin that was creating the problem. It is a custom made one from a befriended programmer. Is there something Platform-specific one has take into account when creating a plugin? It was the first time he programmed something for Wordpress, so I'm not sure if he will be able to answer. I will ask him of course. But do you have any idea what the reason could be?

Rob
If he's not familiar with Wordpress, it's possible he missed a few key ingredients necessary to make a perfect meal. Have you looked in http://www.wordpress.org/extend/plugins for a replacement?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

ferdmaster
Thanks rangelone. I've literally tried every relevant plugin I could, but in the end I chose to have one custom-made for my needs. He volunteered making it for me and put many many hours into it, so there's no way I'm replacing it :-) And it's working perfectly. It's just this backend issue. Any ideas what it could be? Which could be one of the "key ingredients" he might have missed? Where could we look it up?

Simon
He is loading javascript for his plugin, on the PlatformPro settings pages, it isnt needed there. Plugins need to only load their js when its needed on their pages, its all in the codex ;)

ferdmaster
Ok thanks, I'll check that out!