Sign in to follow this  
ferdmaster

New Forum search not working

ferdmaster

Hi Platform-People! What happened to the old Google-Search of the forum? Now there seems to be a new search function which doesn't work properly for me. Whenever I put more than one search word I get the latest forum posts displayed instead of actual search results. I hope this can be fixed. It is much more convenient to search through old topics rather than post new ones all the time.

kastelic
It seems its not quite as smart as google and doesn't do phrases well. Try eliminating common words from your search query.

ferdmaster
That's really a pity, I really enjoyed the former one. For example, when I was looking for how to change the font size of text in the featuire slider, I used to put "Feature font size" and I found my way. Now when I put this phrase, the results don't really make sense. plus, it looks really ugly. http://www.ngojobs.at/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/screen2.png are you considering switching back to the google search?

koningsbergervanduijnhoven
Same here, I really prefer the Google Search

js004280
Agreed....not working well for me either....really hard to get valid search results.

Simon
Its fixed now. what are you seeing?