Sign in to follow this  
ryangallagher

Fluid Width

ryangallagher

Greetings, I know I've seen a few threads here and there in these forums about using a fluid width with Platform Pro. I'm coming over from using Atahualpa for a while, which offers both fluid and fixed sites. Ideally, what I'd like is my site to take up 90% of the screen, with a maximum width of 1200px, and a minimum of 780px, where the content / main column can resize, and the one right sidebar is a fixed width. Is this possible with Platform Pro? Any chance this might become an option in 2.0? I love this theme, and will learn to deal with a fixed width if a fluid width isn't a practical option.

Rob
Honestly, I don't know about a fluid width for the content area, but, if you don't mind having a background that's fluid, I believe that's achievable. Is your goal for 1200px max for the screen resolution issues or just to make sure content goes essentially edge to edge?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob
I'm just told that our 2.0 has fluid width options.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

ryangallagher
One follow up question: In Atahualpa's fluid mode, images will resize automatically, and adjust when the browser is reshaped. Will this happen with the fluid options in 2.0?