Sign in to follow this  
alloydigital

When I update a feature it becomes a post

alloydigital

We have a major issue, perhaps I am missing a setting. We are able to create features successfully but if one needs editing, once I click update it is turned into a post. It no longer is in the list of features but is in the list of posts and shows up in the regular loop.

Jenny
Two things. 1) What is the link to your site? and 2) Did you remember to select a "feature set" on each feature page?

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

alloydigital
yes, feature set is set on each page, the site is in dev so I'd rather not share

Rob
Just to confirm, when you are creating each new slide, on the right hand side, where the Feature Sets are listed, each slide has been assigned to a set?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

alloydigital
yes. I did notice that this problem occurred when I failed to choose a feature set when creating a feature. However, I tested and made sure to choose the feature set before publishing. If I do this I have my nice feature all ready but if I go back in and edit, it converts to a post and removes it as a feature.

Rob
That's incredibly unusual. I will flag this to a developer for you.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Danny
Have you tried disabling all your plug-ins, then going back to edit one of your features again. Does the problem still exists ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

alloydigital
thanks for the suggestion, it was in fact GD CPT Tools. Any suggestions on a workaround?

kastelic
Whatever that plugin is, it shouldn't be used. What problem does it solve and perhaps people can give suggestions for alternatives ways to solve the problem.